C H A P T E R T H R E E

ZIA AND LANCE had passed out on the sofa in the middle of watching Dirty Dancing, Zia with her legs ha going over the sofa arm and Lance on the floor sat up against the sofa, his head settled on Zia's shoulder.

The door opened, and Alice (who had her own key to Zia's room) and Alex walked in, dressed and ready.

When Alex spotted the two drivers sleeping he sighed. "I'll let you take this one." he whispered to Alice, giving her an apologetic kiss on the forehead.

Alice gave Alex a slight roll of her eyes and smiled teasily at him. "You just don't want to face tired Zia."

"Hey, she can be very scary."

Alice moved forward towards the sofa, and cleared her throat. "HEY!" she shouted.

Zia shot up, Lance fell to the left, hit his shoulder on the floor, and scrambled up, only to see Alice stood not far away. "God Breakmon what the hell?" he whined.

Zia closed her eyes again, and curled up on the sofa, "Just five more minutes. I don't want to face people."

Lance pointed at The Powman girl in agreement.

Alice sighed. "It's 12:30 on a Monday after a Race. I'll let that sink in."

Both Zia and Lnace were confused for about three seconds, before they both jumped up. "Planes!" Lance gathered his things and sprinted out of the room, and Zia frantically tried to grab all her belongings, and shive them into her suitcase. Alice helped her pack, and Alex went down to get a. taxi to the airport.

Whilst Zia was getting changed, she turned to Alice. "So how was the date?"

Alice smiled, "Brilliant. Al took me to this really cute restaurant, we had food, then we took a walk down to a beach."

"A beach?"

Alice nodded, her smile widening. "Yeah, we sat down and just watched the sun go down."

Zia smiled fondly at her best friend, who had a doe eyed look. "You two are cringy, but romantic."

Alice gave her a half hearted glare, before shutting her suitcase. Zia grabbed her shoes, slipped them on, and did one last round of the hotel room, making sure she had everything. Once she was certain, she and Alice left, taking the elevator down to reception. They gave their keys to the woman behind the desk, and walked out of the large front doors, to where Alex was stood with his and Alice's luggage. "Taxi will be here in a minute."

Alice took her suitcase from Alex's hand, and Laex threw his free arm around her shoulders. Zia scrunched up her face at the couple. "Can you not be all soppy when the single friend is here please?"

Alice kicked Zia's shin, giving her a sarcastic smile. Behind them, the door to the hotel opened, and Zia turned to the sound of a British voice. "Alex!"

Zia's head snapped up, "Ah shit." she turned to Alice, "I think I'll walk to the airport actually. It's not bad weather. And what's 4 miles?"

She went to walk away but Alice's grabbed her forearm, "Don't be a child."

Zia rolled her eyes as Alex shook hands with George. "You alright mate?"

"Yeah, alright. Hiya Alice."

Alice gave George a friendly smile. "Hi George." The pair hugged eachother, before George turned to Zia. "Powman."

Zia didn't say anything until Alice stood on her foot, silently telling her to be civil. "Russell."

Alex and George started up a conversation and Alice took Zia away slightly, out of earshot. "Please be civil."

"He chucked my into a barrier at 200 mph, sorry if I'm acting a bit hostile."