C H A P T E R T E N

ABU DHABI PADDOCK

George was walking through the paddock, having some time to himself before he headed off for a meeting with Toto. He was checking the time on his phone, when he was approched by someone in half done up red overalls. He looked up and saw one of the F2 drivers.

"Hiya George. Great race last weekend. Shame you couldn't win. But hey, we all have our bad days."

George frowned slightly at the man infront of him. "I'm sorry, who are you?"

The man's face fell slightly, but he held out his hand for George to take. "Jake Bryant. Currently leading the Formula Two championship with Prema."

George gave him a small look of realisation. "Oh yeah, weren't you dropped from RedBull a couple of years ago for dangerous driving?"

Jake's face fell even more, and he dropped his hand. "Yes well, RedBull wasn't good for me anyways. I'm much better at Prema. I've got Ferarri links now."

"But Prema isn't Ferrari, and you're not Ferrari academy. How would-"

"Anyways-" Jake cut in, stopping George from going any further. George frowned at this. From what he'd heard about Jake Bryant, his attitude seemed to match his description. A complete arse.

"I just thought I'd come and speak to you." he looked around, as if to check if anyone was around them, then leaned on slightly, as if telling George a big secret. (Not that he kept his voice down.) "I got the second Alfa Romeo seat for next year."

George nodded, not sure why he would need to know this. "Congratulations." He said, slightly bored of the conversation already.

"Yeah, not to brag but Fred said that with me Alfa might actually move back up into a mid field team, unlike Williams." he said, before scrunching up his face in mock realisation. "Sorry. Forgot you're still there." he added with a slightly cruel chuckle.

George narrowed his eyes at the Prema driver, wanting nothing more than to smash his head against a wall. "What a prick." he thought to himself.

"But that's not what I wanted to come and talk to you about." Jake said, his tone slightly more serious.

"There's more?" George thought, as he debated running from the conversation, just to get away from this Bryant character.

"I just wanted to tell you, I think it's best if you stay away from Zia."

George blinked. "Huh?"

"Look, it's no secret. Z and I, we used to date back in F2." Jake began to explain.

"Back when she was in F2?" he said raising an eyebrow.

Jake narrowed his eyes, having George a sarcastic smile. "Yes. Well I just think, with me back in the picture, it's best if you just stay away. I've got no doubts she'll come back to me, and I don't want you in the way."

George almost laughed. "You think, I like Zia? Like... Powman?"

Jake rolled his eyes. "Please, it's blatantly obvious. You could feel the tension through the TV."

George gave him a skeptical look. "Right." he said sarcasticly.

"Just... stay away from her Russell okay?" Jake said, before nudging George's shoulder slightly. "Good luck for this weekend." he said, as he began to walk away.

It took George a few seconds to process what had just happened. It was only when Jake had entered the Prema building that he realised Zia was officially out of the running for the Alfa seat. He unlocked his phone, and went straight to Instagram, seeing if anything had been announced.

A photo of Zia and Christian walking in the paddock from Bahrain had been posted by F1, with the caption "She's here to stay! Zia Powman will be joining Max Verstappen at RedBull for the 2021 season."

He frowned at this. If Zia was going to RedBull, that meant Alex was gone. He sighed, closing his phone and began to walk towards his destination again. He made a mental note to himself to talk to Powman before the end of the day, he needed to clear the air.

so short chapter

so short chapter

but I think we can all agree : jake=arse

george = King