C H A P T E R S I X

SAKHIR GRAND PRIX

LIGHTS OUT

Up on the commentators box, Martin Brundle and David Croft sat, ready for the arve to begin. Both were ecstatic, with George Russell sat in the black Mercedes, and Zia Powman in the Navy RedBull, it was set to be an interesting race.

Valterri Bottas was sat in pole position, with Russell parked just beside him in P2. Powman was behind the Mercedes in P3, and Albon was settled in P4. Mercedes, Mercedes, RedBull, RedBull.

Suddenly, the mechanics ran towards the edge of the track as the lights went out to begin the formation lap. Crofty began to feel slightly nervous. "I feel quite nervous over here Martin I must say. With these two young drivers in the championship fighting cars."

Martin nodded in aggrement. "As am I Crofty, I am hoping we don't get replay of what happened at Mugello a couple of months ago."

"The tension between the two drivers has been incredibly high since the incident. As we know, Zia lost the Ferrari seat to Mclaren driver Carlos Sainz for next year, and still does not have a contract for next year. Do you think that she blames this on Russell? Asuming they hadn't crashed, she might have just been heading towards the Tifosi. " Crofty continued, as he watched the acts slowly make their way around the track.

"I think Powman still holds Russell accountable for the race result, but not the seat loss. You know, he didn't go and speak to Matteo Binotto, it was just an unfortunate consequence of the crash."

"I would absolutely love to continue this discussion Martin, but Pietro Fittipaldi, who is filling in for Romain Grojean this weekend, is just reaching his grid spot meaning that our race will be starting soon. All the cars parked up, Powman angling her car slightly, seeing if she is able to take the inside line on the two Mercedes. The Marshal waves his flag, we wait..."

"And its lights out and away we go! Bottas had a bad start off the line, Russell inches forwards, and Powman comes through in between the two cars! The three cars of Bottas, Russell and Powman are neck and neck!"

"Coming up to the first corner, who dares to keep off the brakes... It's not Bottas! Bottas breaks! And so does Powman! George Russell leads the Sakhir Grand Prix into the first corner, with Zia Powman in second place! My word what a start."

LAP 57

APROCHING LAP 58

"57 laps into this race Martin, we have Mr. Saturday, George Russell leading the Grand Prix, with Zia 'Position gainer' Powman in P2. This could be very int-"

But Crofty cut himself off, as the race did become a lot more interesting...

"And Aitken is off! George Russell's Williams replacementhas just crashed! Oh no! Disaster for Aitken."

Martin peered at the footage, "That's a front wing come off there. They will need a saftey car to clean that up, which gives out front runners a chance to pit." He looked back at the screens to see a radio message from Zia was about to play.

"Oh- Radio message from Powman."

The message played, and they could here Zia's race engineer talking to her.