C H A P T E R N I N E

ZIA spotted Alice sat in a hospitality cafe, scrolling through her phone. Zia grinned and jogged towards the cafe, heading inside, and sitting in the seat opposite Alice, a large grin on her face. "Ali. Ali." she said, getting her friends attention. "Guess what."

"Horner offered the second RedBull seat next to Max?" she said, in a slightly un-enthusiastic voice.

This didn't phase Zia though, as she nodded, grinning. "Isn't this great?"

"No, Z it's not great." Alice said, as she looked up from her phone. She saw Zia's happy expression and her mouth dropped slightly, "You didn't actually- you didn't take the offer did you?"

Zia let out a confused laugh, "Well, yeah Al. It's RedBull."

Alice scoffed slightly. "Oh my god. I can not believe you."

"What?" Zia said. "I'm sorry, I'm a bit  confused, you're not happy I've got a better seat?"

Alice shook her head, "Did you honestly forget who drives there now? That's Alex's seat."

Zia frowned at Alice, "I don't-"

"They kicked Alex out Zia." Alice said, her voice filled with anger. "They kicked him out of F1 for you."

Zia's mouth hung open slightly. "That's not what-"

"I seriously can't believe you." Alice said breathlessly, as she stood up, walking out of the cafe, dispite Zia's calls.

Zia's head was spinning. That was not what Christian had told her. He told her Alex had had an offer somewhere else. Zia thought Alex was driving for a different team next year. 

Apparently, Christian Horner was a skilled and practised liar.

She shot up put of her seat and out of the cafe, looking around the paddock for someone. She spotted Alex walking not far from her, and she called out to him. He turned around at the sound of her voice, but when he saw her walking towards him, he shook his head and kept walking.

"Alex! Alex wait." Zia. jogged towards him and caught his arm, turning him to face her. "Alex please listen to me."

"Oh, I'm sorry Z, did you want to steal something else off me today? My friends? George and Lando? Want to steal my girlfriend whilst you're at it?" he said coldly. "I have nothing to say to you."

"Well I want to say something to you." Zia countered.

"No, I don't want to hear it." Alex tried to turn away from her, but she grabbed his arm again. Furious, Alex turned around and burst. "No Zia! Okay? You took my drive and there aren't any other seats. I'm no longer a Formula One driver, and it's you're fault."

He pulled his arm from her grasp and walked away, leaving her stood in the bust paddock, mouth open.

"I need to see Christian Horner." Zia said firmly, as she stood infront of Jane's desk in the RedBull garage.

Jane frowned at her, "Didn't you just-"

"Look, I really need to speak to him." Zia said ergently. Jane sighed, put pointed uo the stairs. "He's still in his office."

"Thank you." Zia said, before she hurried up the steps and towards Christian's office. Without knocking, she marched into his office, and slammed the door behind her. "What the hell Horner?"

Christian sighed. "So you ran into Alice." he said, as though he had expected this the moennt Zia had signed the contract.

"Yeah I did." Zia said, her voice furious. "You told me Alex had gotten an offer somewhere else."