C H A P T E R F O U R

AUTOSPORT MAGAZINE

BREAKING : CHAMPIONSHIP RIVALS OUT!

Lewis Hamilton and Max Verstappen to miss the Sakhir Grand Prix!

After an incident in the Bahrain Grand Prix two days ago, it has been comfirmed that the two Championship rivals Lewis Hamilton and Max Verstappen will miss the Sakhir Grand Prix next Sunday.

The two racers were involved in a nast crash, just after Romain Grojean experienced the worst crash of his career, meaning he will miss the lats two races of the season. (See Page 22)

Verstappen made a comment on the situation at 11:00 today, explaining that, "Although I am in the right mental state to get back in the car and drive, my body still hasn't yet adjusted after the impact."

There have already been speculations about who will replace the two drivers for the Grand Prix, and one of the most popular theories is that George Russell, current Williams driver will replace Hamilton in the Mercedes.

As a Mercedes Junior Driver, Russell could take the seat for the race, however, Stoffell Vandoorne and Nyck DeVries shouldn't be counted out.

The Redbull seat could be filled by DTM star Liam Lawson, who is a RedBull Driver for the Junior program.

A few rumours have been bouncing around the paddock about rising star Zia Powman, who could possibly get a call from Christian Horner to fill in for Verstappen.

Only time will tell what happens for this weekend, but if former rivals Russell and Powman are tipped to replace the Championship leaders, we could have an interesting last week at Bahrain.

ZIA RAN THROUGH the hotel corridor, heading towards Alice and Alex's hotel room to tell them the news. She was esstatic. Finally, an opportunity for her.

She reached their room, and knocked frantically on the door. She was met with a 'Come in' from Alice and she flung the door open.

"You'll never guess who-" but she stopped herself mid sentence.

George was stood in front of Alice and Alex who were sat together on the sofa. George turned around and looked at Zia wide eyed.

"Oh, uh I didn't know you were here." Zia said.

George shook his head coughing slightly. "It's fine. In fact I... yeah I think it's best if I tell you now."

Zia frowned as George turned to her fully. "I've uh, been asked to fill in for Lewis for the weekend. I'll be in the Mercedes for the race."

Zia almost dropped her phone, which she was still clutching in her hand. "Oh. Um, congrats."

This was not what she had expected. Stoff maybe, even DeVries. This wasnt good.

"Guess you won't have to worry about us hitting eachother now I guess." George said, in an attempt to make a small joke.

Zia let out a breathy laugh, not really finding what he said amusing. "Well... not really."

All three of them looked at her confused. Zia cleared her throat, "I just got off the phone with Christian Horner. I'll be driving Max's RedBull."

George's mouth opened slightly.

"Oh shit." Alice said, still in shock. Alex hit her leg slightly, warning her that this wasn't the time.

George shook his head slightly, "Congratulations. Guess I'll see you out on track."

"Yeah guess so." Zia said.

"Great." she thought. "Just great."

SHORT CHAPTER BUT

SHORT CHAPTER BUT

SUPRISEEEEEE

so ik that Lewis and max didn't get into a crash but in this story covid doesn't exist, so I had to come up with a way for George to fill in for Lewis, and for Zia to fill in for max

so let's all just pretend 😌