chapter 24

A day has passed after Gojo left and nothing interesting has happened so far, just like i expected. I decided to sleep in for today, and that id train in the afternoon.

Though life had other plans today.

"Y/n wake up"

"Y/n"

"Y/n its me, Yuji"

"Y/n cmon wake up please"

"Y/n...."

Yuji thought for a second, left the room and came back a few minutes later with everything he needed for this to work.

He placed it down on y/ns nightstand and softly placed a hand on her shoulder.

"Y/n you have to wake up"

"..."

"Y/n come onnnn"

"..."

Yuji sat down on her bed next to her and took the stuff he had just put on
Y/ns nightstand and held it infront of her nose. It was (f/f).

"Y/n i got you your favorite food here, if you don't wake up now someone else might eat it"

"You would never" y/n was still half asleep, but the smell of her favorite food had woken her up just slightly.

"Perhaps not me but i know someone else who would"

"Dammit"

She sat up and burried her face into Yujis shoulder. She was definitely still tired and absolutely hated being woken up early.

"We have a mission y/n, eat and get dressed ok?" Megumi said suddenly appearing in the dooropening.

"Finneeee if i have to"

I sat up and ate the food. After Megumi and Yuji left i got dressed and we went to a detention centre, were a cursed womb had developed. We had to go in and save anyone still alive and confirm the deaths. We went in and immediately knew we were screwed. The door had disapeared, luckly Megumis demon dogs knew were the exit was. Eventually we found the last person we needed to find. Dead. It felt horrible, their deaths are so unfair. Even if they were in here because they committed a crime, everyone deserves a second chance at least. Not long after a curse appeared, and when Yuji tried to stab it his arm fell off. Nobara had dissapeared and one of Megumis hounds had died.

"YUJIII"

"Y/n don't worry I'll be fine, go with Fushiguro and find Kugisaki. Get out of here as quickly as you can"

"You better not die"

"Go"

Before i could protest Megumi trew me over his shoulder and ran out of there toward nobara with me. When we found her i saved her using my cursed technique against the spirit holding her and Megumis frogs caught her. We then got out of there as soon as we could and gave Yuji the signal. Nobara left, me and Megumi refused to leave.

Soon enough Sukuna was standing right infront of us, telling us that were weak, fighting us. Or actually more like beating us up. Its painfull, having to fight your friend while he can't do anything about it. And eventually....

"He will switch back, even if it means that he dies, thats just the person he is"

Sukuna chuckled, he was certain Yuji wasn't going to do it. After all those cries for help, and all the tears. He had screamed he didn't want to die, that it wasn't the right way, or the right time. So no, Yuji wasn't going to do it. Killing himself, just to save the world.

"Yuji, i want you to know... That you're my hero no matter what. I trust you"

I then jumped right into Sukunas arms, before Megumi could even think of stopping me.

And soon the stripes faded, his hair fell, he spoke his last words.

His smile faded, his body fell...

Yuji died.

-----

"Cmon y/n we need to go"

"I can't leave him"

"Y/n.... He.. Hes dead... And they need to examine the body"

"Im not leaving him"

"Y/n... Please. Just go take a bath, change and ill make food for you. You can see him again after okay?"

"..."

"Y/n"

"Fine. But im going to see him right after"

Megumi and i left Yuji with Shoko and Gojo, he made me food which we ate together after i finished my bath.

"Thanks for doing this. I mean he died infront of both of us"

"Its fine y/n"

I finished my food and washed my dishes.

"I have to go see him now"

"Are you sure that thats a good idea?"

"I- i just have to"

"Allright then... You know where to find me if you need anything"

I gave him a hug and left to find Yuji. When i opened the door to the examination room, i saw Gojo and the others. Shoko was about to go examine Yujis body.

"Y/n... What are you doing here?" Gojo walked up to me, he sounded concerned.

Suddenly shoko and ichi gasped.

"Whoa i am completely naked"

"G-g-g-g-gojo san... H-h-h-h-he's alive!"

Gojo chuckled. Unlike the rest of us he didn't seem shocked at all.

"Ichi be quiet"

"I can't believe you lived man" i said looking at Yuji.

"Im kind of disappointed though" Shoko said taking of her surgical mask.

"Uhm, im embarrassed to ask but, who are you?" Yuji asked Shoko to which she  was about to reply but Gojo interupted.

"Yuji, welcome back"

Shoko then grabbed him some clothes and Gojo and Yuji highfived. A bit later Gojo and shoko left the room, Yuji me and Ichi were left. The first thing i did when i got the chance was run up to him and hug him. He appologized and said he didn't mean to scare me like that. I then offered to get him some water, since he must be thirsty after well surviving death.

When i went outside i heard Gojo and Shoko speaking...