Chapter 10

I was going to the kitchen when I saw Audrey pouring a powdery substance into a cup. What the fuck is she doing? I secretly followed her till I saw her sit beside Dawn while Thessan was on his phone.

I became suspicious. What is she up to? My question was answered when I heard her.

"Dawn, juice for you. You know since Isabella and Ivory are no more at home, we are all tensed. Hunter and Chris are always in their rooms these days."

I frowned before I realized her motive. She wanted to drug Dawn. I took out my phone and snapped pictures of her handing over the juice to Dawn.

Dawn drank within a few minutes and my eyes widened. Thessan excused himself,"I will be back." He pecked her lips and walked away.

Few minutes later, Dawn let go of her phone and closed her eyes. What the heck? Audrey smirked and took out her phone, texting something.

"Sorry Hunter but I really have to do this." I saw one of the guards pick up Dawn. If I could remember clearly, isn't he Thomas?

I followed them and entered my car. Audrey entered the house again and Thomas took out his phone.

"Yes, Audrey is taking Dawn to her boss." The other person talked and Thomas said,"oh okay, congratulations by the way. If you want to keep the pregnancy a secret,I won't tell Chris anything. Ivory, please don't follow us. Just text Tasha or maybe the boss."

Oh my god! Chris is going to be a father. I didn't focus on the topic much. I drove behind putting a little distance between us.

We got to a mansion. I snapped pictures of them taking Dawn into the mansion and immediately sent them to Hunter, Thessan andChris.

I drove to a safe place where I could wait for them. Soon Hunter's range rover drove into the quiet street. I got out of the car.

"Xavier?" I explained everything to them. For a minute, I thought of telling Chris about his baby but the guy already looked like shit.

"The Police should be part of this case but first I need to get Dawn and Isabella out of there. Chris, you should go protect your grandma while Xavier, call the Police. Thessan will come with me."

When he rushed forward,I called out,"Hunter, take your time. As for Thomas, don't kill him, he's still on our side but he is pretending so that he can get to sister in law. Don't let her slip away this time." Chris drove away while I took my phone and called the Police.

I sat back in the car and waited.

Ivory's P. O. V...

I was currently reading a story book when I heard a car drive into the compound. I looked out and immediately ran into my room. "Hey kid, what's wrong?"

I ignored her question while I hid in the room. From where I stood, I heard the door open.

"Hey granny, what's up?" Then I heard a slap.

"Grandma,why would you hit me?"

"You stupid boy,no wonder you're just like your father. What, you think I would just hug you and pretend as though nothing happened?"

"What did I do?"

"What happened between you and Ivory?"

"Um I broke up with her. I admit that I was hasty in my desicion and I regret it. I don't even know how she's doing now. I just feel like strangling myself to death but then I have to think about both of you and the gang."

After a long silence, she said,"you know you are in real trouble with me, Chris. Anyway,go upstairs and freshen up then have lunch." Is her menopause this serious? I took my phone and texted.

Me: grandma I think you are forgetting that I am also here.

Grandma: oh guess that's for ignoring me.

Me: you are so dead old lady. 😡

Grandma: 😭 oh I'm so scared 🤣😂 sorry sweetie, enjoy 😉 oh one more thing.

Me: what?

Grandma: don't break the bed and keep your voices low for the sake of my poor innocent ears.

Me: grandma!!!😳😮

I could hear her laughing downstairs. What an old lady she is! I ran into the closet and hid behind my clothes.

Shoot! I forgot to hide my clothes. Chris entered the closet and I blushed when he took off his shirt.

"Why are Ladies clothes in here? I will ask later. Here smells like Ivory. How is that possible?"

He sighed and took some clothes which dropped on the ground beside me and my breath hitched. He took the clothes and walked out probably into the bathroom.

I walked out of the closet but to my luck, the tip of a cold metal touched my scalp.

So this is it? This is where it all ends. I'm about to be shot by my baby daddy. Wait I can't let him just shoot me.

He cleared his throat and ordered,"turn around, now." I shook my head and he threatened,"or else I will pull the trigger." Well that got me when he actually tried pulling the trigger. I turned and time seemed to stop around us.

"I-ivory?" I bit my lip and looked at him. He looked like shit.

"Uh hi? How are you?"

Or which question should I ask first?

I gasped when I was suddenly tossed unto the bed. Seriously, how strong is he to be able to carry a pregnant woman without breaking a sweat? I wrapped my arms around my belly to protect my baby. For a moment, his eyes looked at my stomach before I unwrapped my arms and got down.

"Ivory,I need to talk to you."

"Later, excuse me."

I pushed him away and ran out of the room to join Christine downstairs.

"Did he see you?" I glared at the old lady. She apologized,"I'm sorry I didn't mean to make you angry. Honestly, I didn't know that you were in the room. Anyway he would have seen you. He's very smart. I have a feeling that the little one is going to be just like both of you altogether."

I blushed and turned only to see him staring at us. He heard it.

"You... you are pregnant."

"Yes, Chris you got your girlfriend pregnant then you just dumped her. Was that what I taught you? I'm so disappointed in you. I finally realized today that I raised a gangster."

"Grandma, please. He didn't know alright?" I defended and Christine gasped.

"You are still defending him, after all that he did to you?"

"That's because I still love him."

It just slipped and Chris raised his head to look at me but I looked away blushing.

"I love you too,Ivory Quinn." My eyes widened before the next minute, I found myself caged in his arms with him kissing the life out of my lips.

"Alright break it up you two, I've seen enough. Horny teenagers, don't even respect an adult's presence."

We pulled away and sat to have lunch.

All this while, I had only question.

Why was he here all of a sudden?

How was this one too?

Share your thoughts. And also I thought of changing the book cover. What do you think about it?

Love you guys 🥰😘😍

And stay safe.