🖤chapter 31🖤

💄Cover's POV💄

"Cover?!"

Glass plates slip from Delaney's hands and shatter all across the floor making all eyes shift towards her in shock.

Her mouth is dramatically open with her eyes still on me. I know she is surprised I'm here and to be honest I am too. What kind of friend "dates" her boyfriends brother?

I quickly bend down and start to pick up the glass shards on the marble floor.

"Oh Dee you should really be more careful carrying things, after all your injury isn't fully healed yet." I say lying through my teeth.

"Cove-" Delaney starts to speak but Mrs. Anastasia interrupts. "Delaney darling you should have told me about your injury! I wouldn't have asked you to get everything if I would have known."

"But I do-" I take a turn interrupting her, after all she can never catch onto a lie.

"It will be fine it happened months ago but sometimes her hand starts acting up. Come on Delaney let us clean this up after all they were nice enough to let us come eat dinner with them." I say with a smile as I shuffled her in the kitchen.

As soon as we are out of their sights I give a sigh of relief.

I can see out the corner of my eye Delaney has that pouty face that she gets when shes upset, wrinkling up her nose slightly with glossy eyes.

"Dee." I say with a sigh once again.

"No! Don't say my name." She snaps back.

"I never said your name I said your nickname."

"Yeah w-well don't say my nickname neither." She stutters

"Okay w-well can we clean up the mess you made?" Giving her a playful mock. "You can be mad at me later just for right now pretend like your not" I say adding a weak smile.

"Fine." She humphs as she stomps away to grasp the broom.

At least shes not upset over the whole pool incident from earlier. I think reflecting on the previous hours as I toss some of the bigger glass shards in the bin.

"Also... what injury are you talking about?" She questions as she hands me the broom.

I give a slight chuckle as I shake my head turning towards the door. She's absolutely clueless, after all these years being around me you would think she could at least have picked up lying.

"Ohhh." She finally realizes as she beckons after me.

"Ohhh." I mock back.

We both are giggling as we exit the kitchen but before Delaney could even get halfway through the door Soyer pulls her by the hand and pushes her to the wall.

"You never told me you got hurt?"

Delaney is quiet for a moment but ends up spitting out somewhat an answer.

"I-it was some time ago, back when I'm i-i was goi-" she keeps stuttering making me confused even though I already know it's a lie.