🖤Chapter 34🖤

It's been a week since I has dinner at Soyers house. So far he hasn't called of texted and I don't really understand why..

Is he angry that I found out about the Mafia? but I told him I still liked him....

Maybe I'm just overthinking and being to clingy. I'm sure he's just busy.

I hear a car honk, bringing me out of my thoughts.

Cover must be here for school.

I quickly grab my bag and leave the empty house.

"Hey" I say as I open the car door and slide in.

"Hey Dee" She says, pulling out of my driveway and heading to school.

"Did you do the english homework?" I questioned.

"Yeah, I actually forgot about it and had to rush it at 3 AM".

"Of course" I sighed.

I actually don't blame her though, it's been so chaotic lately it's hard to focus on anything.

Speaking of chaotic, Marcus hasn't bothered me lately. But I do notice his glares.

At the thought of that i feel a shiver run down my spin.

As I'm in thought I see the big school building come into veiw as Cover pulls into the parking lot.

"Alright let's go" Cover says getting out of the car and I do the same.

"I really don't wanna go to school today" Cover sighs.

"It's okay Cover, it's just 7 hours" I say trying to reassure her.

"Just 7 hours? that's a long ass time Dee".

As much as I wanna argue with her, she's right. 7 hours is a long time.

When we finally arrive to our first class, Cover hesitates before walking into the classroom.

It's something I've noticed this whole week.

I yawn and slide into my seat next to Lucas who has his head down on his desk, asleep.

When I hear the heels of the new teacher clicking on the ground as she enters the classroom I nudge Lucas softly.

"M..om... The bus doesn't come for another t...en minutes" He mumbled groggily.

"Uhm... Lucas you're already at school" I say with an awkward laugh.

"Oh.. I am" he says slowly lifting his head to look around.

I giggled quietly and then turn to the new teacher.

Mrs. Jones has been the teacher for this class ever since Mr. Jefferson died.

I don't mind her, she's nice. Sometimes she'll give you extra credit work if you're behind.

"Alright class, today we're gonna be working on..."

~♡~