🖤Chapter 33🖤

Cover opened the door, revealing my shocked face to her.

"How much did you hear?" she asked with furrowed eyebrows.

"All of it..." I couldn't lie to her.

We stood there in silence for about 10 seconds.

"I-I didn't mean too... I'm sorry I was just trying to tell you guys that the dinner was ready I didn't know.." I rambled as she just stared at me.

"Cover... You where raped?" My voice came out as a whisper.

Before she could say anything we heard footsteps coming up the stairs "Delaney dear, what's taking so long?" I heard Anastasia's voice say.

"We're coming" I say trying not to let my voice crack.

I looked at Cover before turning away from her and walking down the stairs.

When I reached the last step of the stairs I paused as I saw Soyer standing there on his phone.

When he heard my footsteps he looked up and his eyebrows furrowed "Baby.. what's wrong?" he asks reaching and hand out towards me.

subconsciously, I flinch away.

Mafia, killing,and Mr. Jefferson...

This whole time I've been lied to.

I don't get it though... I should be angry.. Furious. But I just want to curl up and cry.

Even though the way I veiw Soyer has changed after hearing the conversation, I wanna reach out and hug him.

"Soyer.. We should go eat" I say wiping the tears off my face and walking past him.

He got the hint that I didn't want to talk about it and followed behind me.

As everyone got settled in there seats and the food got passed around it was a bit awkward. Cover tried to send me glances every now and then but I couldn't look at her right now..

I feel guilty for not being able to help her when she was going through such a tough thing, I just wish she would have told me..

"Delaney, how is school going?" Anastasia asks while giving a kind smile.

"It's going okay, I usually study a lot but I've been getting a bit distracted lately" I say while taking a bite of the food.

"Everyone gets distracted here and there, don't let it get you down and just work hard".

I look up at her in awe, Soyers mom is totally different from mine. I smile warmly.

Soyer looks more like his father, but I think his caring side comes from his mother.

I look over at Cover, who hasn't said a word.

I can't be mad at her for something like this.. she probably has her reasons. But the fact that she told Mason before me kinda makes me envious of him.

I nudged her foot under the table, making her look up at me.

'Talk later?' I mouthed out towards her.