🖤Chapter 14🖤

It's been two days.
       Two days since I've had to avoid him. Two days of looking behind every corner making sure he wasn't there.

            Everytime I see him it's a huge. reminder shoved into my face of my childhood, Everything he's done. Seeing him again makes me want to believe this is one long nightmare only to be proven wrong. My stomach       feels like its twisting whenever I see him. 

          A loud ring comes to my ears making me jump, only to then notice it was the school bell, indicating my next class.

        I pick up my bag, putting all my books inside before standing up. I look back to see if he's getting up to follow me, only to see that he's not there.

      "He's not here today" comes a voice from behind me, making me jump. I hesitantly turn around and see Lucas also standing with his stuff.

       "W-what?" I ask stuttering.

       "Marcus, he isn't here"

      Finally understanding what he had said, I nod before letting out a sigh of relief.

      Shuffling through the door and the crowded hallway suddenly I feel a slight tap on my shoulder. Turning to see who it is I see Lucas Again. "Hey." He says with a huge grin.

      "H-hi." We are in the middle of the hallway now, people brushing past us and scolding us for blocking the flow of busy students. "Is there something that you need?"

       "Actually yes," he pauses for a second and puts his hand behind his head. "You and Marcus, you have something between you guys don't you?

      I almost fall back, I'm not sure if it was from someone shoving me so they could go to their next class or if it was the surprise of his claim but either way I was taken aback.

     Lucas must have saw it too because he extends his arm out to balance me. "So, is there?"

     Without noticing I trace my scars through my shirt.

     What if he already knows? No he doesn't he's asking me so he must not know yet.

     What if he finds out, then what would happen to you? He won't find out.

      If people find out they will laugh at you, they will know a part of you and use it against you. Hide it. Don't let them in, they will only hurt you in the end. No one will find out.

      "I have no clue what you're talking about."

     "Oh please don't lie, everytime someone mentions his name or you see him you get all nervous."

      Someone brushes past me in a rush knocking me back slightly once again, was it really that obvious that I was tense?

     "Well you see I-"

      Lucas interrupts.  "You must have a past together? I won't tell anyone if that's what you're worried about." He stops for a brief moment to put his hand on his chin. "Did he h-"

      I panick, I couldn't let him figure it out. "I love him!" I stupidly blurt out as a dumb excuse.

      Wow that was stupid, out of everything I could of said I say that.

      I saw Lucas's eyes widen. "Thats so adorable, I ship you two completely, its obvious you're in love with him."

       I felt sick to my stomach when he said that but I had to play it off.