🖤chapter 32🖤

💄Cover's POV💄

"We run an Italian mafia."

Laughter started to fill my chest and before I can stop it I'm hunched over the stuffed bear almost in tears laughing over the ridiculous statement.

He has a blank face as he watches me taunt his story. Not a single bit of playfulness to his expression.

"You're not laughing?" I giggle slightly through my words.

"No I'm not Cover." He says sternly now looking up at me.

"Mason, I'm not sure I can believe you're in an Italian mafia. Just because your Italian doesn't mean you help run a mafia."

"Why would it be hard to believe?"

"Well because you're too nice to be?" My laughter fading away being replaced with curiosity. Now questioning the fact if it could he true. "And why would you tell me this after only a few weeks of talking?" I add.

"Everyone has the capability of being nice but they also have the capability of killing somebody." He says Completely avoiding my other statement.

"But you wouldn't..."

"But I have."

The room now feels cold, even the silk blanket and his warm hands couldn't keep my blood from draining from my body.

"I-" as I'm trying to speak it feels as though rocks are stuck in my throat and I can't seem to get them out no matter how many times I swallow.

"I-I need to find Dee." Finally spitting out the terrified words.

I can't seem to move though. All my mussels are locked together forcing me to stay sitting on the bed.

"Cover, I'm telling you this so you can trust me; not to scare you."

Now putting all the peices together, the mansion, money, never finding them on the internet, all of his excuses that he would text me.

"Mason please stop this stupid make believe shit." I say trying to convince myself none of this was real.

He gives me a faint smile as if it would put me at ease but it never does.

He reaches his hand out to me but before he touches me I smack his hand away "Don't touch me".

The smile fades away from his face and is replaced with hurt "I didn't think it would affect how you felt about me" He says as his eyebrows furrowed together.

I stand up and scoff "And how exactly do I feel about you hm? You think that one kiss means we're together?" I say to him out of anger.

I'm not actually angry at him, I don't know how to feel at this moment. He told me something huge and he expects me not to react.

He stands up and looks at me "Cover.. I thought we liked each other.." now it was his turn to be in disbelief.

"Mason, you're a criminal for God's sake!" I take a step back and he just takes a step forward.