𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 25

Standing idly in Tranquility's backyard isn't how I initially thought I'd spend my Sunday afternoon but life can be unpredictable sometimes.

Miriam and I had made plans to go out shopping today. I didn't think to question her when she bought a bunch of plastic cups and some cases of beer, but it all made sense when she told me she was going to Tranquility afterwards.

"There's gonna be fighting tonight so I offered to gather some necessary supplies," she had said while pointing to the alcohol. "I'm gonna help them set up and stay to watch the action. You wanna come?"

Because I didn't have anything else planned, I accepted the invitation. But now that I'm here and there doesn't seem to be anything I can help with, I wonder if I should've declined.

"Well, if it isn't my favourite ginger," I hear from behind me and turn to see Seokjin approaching with a box of bottles in his arms. "Come to join the party, huh?"

"Aren't I the only ginger you know?" I snort.

"Yes, so that makes you even more special."

I roll my eyes playfully and follow the blonde over to the bar. "Is there anything I can do to help? I feel useless watching everyone prepare while doing nothing myself."

"You can stay here and keep me entertained. I need someone to talk to," he suggests as he starts putting the bottles in a cooler underneath the bar. It looks like they're booze.

"I still won't really be doing anything, though," I complain.

"Would you rather go into the ring and become Kane's punching bag instead? 'Cause that's basically your only other option."

"I'll pass," I grumble. "How come none of the other members fight?"

"We do, just not for money. We get into brawls all the time," Seokjin corrects.

"Yeah, Jungkook mentioned something like that. But why don't you guys fight in the ring?"

"None of us are that good at using our fists," Seokjin shrugs. "I'm more comfortable fighting when guns are involved."

"Jesus, what the fuck is with you people?" I mutter. Jungkook had also said he prefers using a gun. Do these people not fear death?

"Don't know why you're so surprised. Have you seen this face? It's not meant to be punched."

He does have a point.

"But it's meant for a gunfight?"

"I guess not, but--" Seokjin lifts his hands, wiggling his fingers, "--these fingers are." Something dark passes over his eyes, lips curling into a lecherous smirk. "They're good for other things, too. Would you like a demonstration?"

"Fuck off," I hiss, turning away from him but continuing to lean back against the bar. I hear him chuckling to himself.

"If any of us were to start fighting in the ring alongside Kane, it'd probably be Jungkook. He likes boxing," he mentions.

I look over my shoulder at him. "He does?"

"Mhm, but only because it's a good workout apparently. Still, he's pretty good at it."

"Does Kane have experience? Or does he sorta just freestyle the matches?" I question.

"He's the type to just wing it--relies on intuition, y'know?"

"How come Jungkook doesn't train him or something? Surely it'd make him a better fighter?"

"Because I don't train people," a new but familiar voice answers.