𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 11

"Let me take you out."

I raise my eyebrows at the man in front of me as I slam my locker shut, incredulous. "Are you actually okay in the head?"

"I know we haven't really gone back to the way things used to be between us despite it being over a week since you--"

"You're confused by that?" Tyler snaps his mouth shut and falls silent, which I take as a yes. "What made you think I would agree to this? I haven't completely gotten over the whole head-punching-thing yet and now you're asking me out?"

"It's not what you think. I want to take you somewhere as a means of apologizing. We can just go eat somewhere casual or we can go and drink--whatever you want. I just want to go back to talking with you normally," Tyler explains, pleading with his eyes.

Ignoring him forever isn't gonna solve my problems. As much as I want to just say no and go back to living my best life, I also don't want to be childish. So I'll give him this one chance to redeem himself.

"Fine. When and where are we going?" I sigh.

The blonde's eyes light up with excitement. "There's this great pizza parlour nearby. Let's go there now! I'll wait for you outside."

"Um!" I call out when Tyler suddenly turns on his heel to run away. "Don't you have work!?"

"Nah, I just finished," he grins.

"Well, don't you want to take off your uniform at least?" I ask, gesturing to his attire.

"I don't mind."

"I do."

Tyler pokes his tongue into his cheek before walking over to one of the nearby lockers and opens it. Without warning, he begins tugging his shirt over his head. Caught off guard, I begin sputtering out unintelligent noises.

"Dude, what the fuck!?" I hiss, turning away instinctively.

"Seeing a guy's chest shouldn't be something that has you blushing like a schoolgirl. After all, I could've pulled down my--"

I storm out of the room before he could finish. The audacity this guy has! I wasn't getting a fucking lady-boner from seeing him shirtless--I was uncomfortable! It's kinda awkward when someone you're not on the best of terms with suddenly starts stripping. Tyler is way too full of himself. Maybe agreeing to this was a stupid idea after all.

Five minutes later and Tyler is finally coming out of the pub. He gives a half-assed apology for taking his shirt off without warning and then starts leading me down the street. I can tell he wants to speak to me but it seems he's smart enough to know I'm not in the mood. Because of the lack of conversation, we walk a lot faster and make it to the pizza place in record time. I recognize it as the same place I went to with Miriam that one time we went out shopping. We enter and get ourselves a table in the corner of the room. Tyler goes up to place the order before coming back and now we're sitting in silence.

I could understand if he didn't want to talk while we were coming but he was the one that was insistent on taking me here to apologize. I expected him to be down on his knees begging for forgiveness by now. Instead, he's staring at his phone, very concentrated. This whole idea of coming here was supposed to be his plan so I'm not about to start a conversation. I choose to stare out the window and watch as people pass by on the streets. I could be doing something way more productive right now if I had just refused to give Tyler this opportunity he clearly doesn't actually want. God, I screwed up.

"Have you been to this place before? They've got, like, the best pizza."

I glance over at the blonde for a second before returning my attention to the people outside. "I came here with Miriam once."