𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 13

Dan gives me the next day off and I can only assume it's Miriam's doing. She messaged me this morning, acting all motherly and protective. It's not like I don't appreciate her caring about my safety. I just kinda wish I could be working today--it would help distract me. Knowing that what happened yesterday caused my current predicament, I can't stop imagining Gary pulling me into his lap, his hand drifting to places it shouldn't, his hot, revolting breath on my ear, the barely noticeable hardness--

"Can I help you, ma'am?"

I snap out of my trance and turn to look at the store clerk, shaking my head with a smile. "Nope, just looking."

She gives me a strange look before walking off but I can't blame her--I've been looking at this shelf with cereals for the past three minutes, at least. I grab a random box and toss it into my cart. Obviously, I wasn't prepared to have a day off but I didn't feel like relaxing at home. There are a few things I need to get from the grocery store so I decided to come here and waste some time. Now I've already ended up going down way more aisles than I needed and have almost half a cart full of shit I don't really need. At least I won't need to come back shopping for a while.

"Well lookie here, it's just the girl I was thinking of," a familiar voice says from behind me.

I turn around and see Jimin grinning at me. "Hi? Why the hell were you thinking about me? You in love or something?"

"Gary came to the clubhouse pissed yesterday," he replies excitedly, a child-like wonder in his eyes. "Said that some ginger freak bit his arm and probably gave him rabies. There's only one person I could think of and I'm standing in front of her. So, did you really do it?"

I nod, eliciting a giggle from the gray-haired man. "Why in the world are you so happy about this? Isn't he your leader? Shouldn't you be trying to put me in my place?"

"Gary is a world-class dick, especially around new girls who are innocent and ignorant of what's going on in this town. I can only imagine the stuff he says or the way he behaves when he's in your presence. This is literally, like, the second time a girl has stood up to him and I'm thoroughly enjoying it," Jimin explains. He bumps me aside with his hip and takes the shopping cart from me, pushing it down the aisle as I walk alongside him.

"Did he give you guys any specifics about what happened?" I ask.

"Just that you bit him. Why? Is there something he forgot to mention?"

"Uh, yeah. All the stuff that led up to that moment," I scoff scornfully.

Jimin glances over at me from the corner of his eyes, sucking his bottom lip into his mouth as his eyebrows narrow. "He didn't smack you or something, did he?" I shake my head vehemently. "Alright, so what did he do?"

"Well, we both know about what happened last time he went to the bar. He came with the intent to have me submit and made it pretty clear that if I wasn't obedient, there would be severe repercussions. So I sat on his lap like he wanted without giving him a hard time because I just wanted to get it over and done with. It shouldn't come as a surprise that it wasn't a very enjoyable experience for me. It was so...humiliating. Once he was finished tormenting me, Miriam came up to Gary and started yelling at him. They went back and forth for a bit before she grabbed at him. Gary wasn't having it so he started choking her and it didn't look like he was gonna stop so I--"

"Wait a fucking second, he choked her? He hurt Miriam?" Without waiting for an answer, Jimin throws his head back and gives a short, half-hearted laugh. "That fucker is lucky he decided to go alone. And I'm pretty sure I know the reason for why he failed to mention this very crucial detail."