𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 3

"Damn, someone finally put you in your place?"

"This must be my lucky day. I'm finally better looking than Tyler!"

"Did Nicole finally get sick of your bragging or something?"

"I think you got a little bit of a problem there, Ty."

"Don't leave a mess all over the bar otherwise you're gonna have to clean it all up. Just because you're hurt doesn't mean I'll give you a pass."

Was I surprised by the mocking? Not at all. If Tyler was, he certainly didn't show it. I had begun to wonder if perhaps he wanted to come to the pub precisely for this reason. Strangers would probably see Tyler's nose and pity him but our coworkers are grilling him for it instead. Maybe sitting through the insults is easier for the blonde than having strangers baby him. Regardless, Tyler is obviously taking hard hits to his ego every time someone makes a teasing remark.

"What the hell happened to him?" I turn to see Miriam at my side, watching Tyler with a confused face.

"Scarlet Knives," I reply simply.

Miriam's eyes practically pop out of her head as she whips her head around to look straight at me. "What!?"

"It was his fault, though. The idiot got involved with some liar who claimed to own a bike that wasn't actually his. This is how the gang dude responded."

"Dear Lord, someone knock some sense into him," Miriam begs, referring to the blonde that was currently bleeding through napkins that were shoved up his nose. The black-haired girl gives me a worried look. "Who was it? Did they give their name? Can you tell me anything distinct about them?"

Well, tattoos would normally be considered pretty distinct. But given the gang situation in this town, they probably wouldn't be of much help. "I didn't get his name but he had fairly long, dark hair that reached down to his cheekbones. He also looked pretty young, maybe around my age."

"Tyler better become religious and start thanking God every day," Miriam says with a shake of her head.

"I'm assuming you know who it was based on your reaction."

"Yeah, and Tyler is really lucky because if it had been any of the older guys, I don't think he would've been back here with only a broken nose; they're a lot more protective of their bikes. The dude you ran into is named Jungkook, more commonly referred to as Kook. He's one of the younger guys in the gang but is capable of being just as dangerous as the older members, so don't let your guard down. I'm pretty sure you don't need to be told that after witnessing what he did to Ty, though."

"How old is 'younger' considered to be in that group?" I inquire.

"He's twenty-four, the youngest official member. They always pick up young apprentices who want to join the gang so technically they're the youngest but only by a few years. Most of the members are in and above their thirties but there are four members, including Jungkook, who are still in their twenties," Miriam informs.

"Are young members rare or something?"

"I mean, from my knowledge most of the other gangs are comprised of older members at the moment. They'll start scouting for younger guys eventually when the current members grow too old and need to leave, when their apprentices are officially admitted into the club, yada yada. After all, they've gotta have some people to carry on the gang's legacy. Right now I only know of one other gang that's got official members who are younger guys. They're called Silent Death and they're from outside of Gramsby. They've got two younger guys, if my memory serves me correctly. They're also on good terms with Scarlet Knives, as long as nothing has changed since I left seven months ago," she replies.