𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 29

Waking up to texts from an unknown number claiming to be Delilah certainly isn't how I expected to start my Saturday. Nor did I expect to be invited to come to Tranquility because of Jimin. Then again, life is full of surprises.

Apparently, Jimin and Seokjin are leaving Gramsby for a couple of weeks in order to secure a deal in a few towns over from us. Whenever this happens, they get to spend the day before they leave chilling at the diner. Jimin wants me to come to his going away party. Though it isn't so much a party as it is a group of the members raiding the bar of its booze.

Seeing as how I had nothing better to do, I decided to drop by. And that certainly excited Jimin a lot.

"Nicole, I thank thee for blessing us with thy presence!" he exclaims once I step foot into Tranquility.

"I wasn't expecting such a grand entrance," I reply, rubbing my arm awkwardly.

Jimin is currently sitting on the bar with a glass of what looks to be some kind of dark liquor, feet raised onto one of the empty barstools. Seokjin is seated next to him with a beer in hand. Jordan, Yoongi and Ike are also crowding around them, each with their own drinks.

Delilah, who had previously been standing behind the bar, hurries over to me with a guilty smile. "Sorry if this is ruining your plans for the day."

"No, I wasn't going to be doing anything besides lounging at my house. Don't worry," I reassure.

"Well, in that case, make yourself at home. Do you want anything to drink?" she offers, gesturing behind her at the bar. "We basically have everything."

"Um, I think I'll pass," I chuckle nervously.

"C'mon, let loose a little!" Jordan encourages loudly.

"I don't know if getting drunk at noon is a wise idea," I say with a glance towards the clock. It's close to 12:30 now but that doesn't really make much of a difference.

Jimin blows a raspberry. "Fine, be lame."

"So...why did you want me to come?" I ask curiously. "I'm flattered to be considered someone of importance to you but I wasn't really expecting this."

Jimin shoots a finger gun at me and winks. "Thought you might get worried if I left without saying anything. Telling you through Delilah, though, seemed kinda, eh...well it didn't feel right." He hunches over with his elbows resting on his bent knees, glass held in one hand by the rim, dangling in the space between his legs. "It's like those people that choose to have serious conversations over text instead of in person, y'know? Some things need to be said face to face."

I decide not to correct him on the worrying bit. If I hadn't been invited here, I probably wouldn't have noticed his disappearance. Even if I had, I definitely wouldn't have been too stressed about it. "I see. Well, thank you for being thoughtful."

"Oh! And what the hell do you mean you're 'flattered to be considered someone of importance but weren't really expecting this'? We're friends! Or did you forget about that?" Jimin adds with an exaggerated pout. Sniffing loudly, the grey-haired man turns away with a hand over his heart, gripping the material of his shirt. "After all I've done for you...I guess none of it mattered."

"Quit being dramatic," Delilah scolds lightheartedly while smacking his bicep.

"I'm surprised these are the only friends attending this so-called 'going away party'," I remark.

"Everyone else is too busy," Yoongi replies.

"Traitors, the lot of them!" Seokjin accuses, chugging his beer.