𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 14

How did I let Jungkook convince me into giving him a ride? I'm not entirely sure myself. And yet here we are, me driving while said man sits in the passenger seat of my car. In contrast to my expectations, the brunette is practically silent, only speaking to give directions when necessary. I had suggested inputting the address into my GPS but Jungkook insisted against it for some reason.

"It'll just waste time. I'll tell you where to go," he had said.

Part of me wonders if maybe he doesn't want to give me the address for privacy reasons. Perhaps he thinks I'll give it to his enemies or something. It could also be that he just doesn't want me to come back. But if that were the case he must think I'm utterly stupid with no sense of direction--which isn't true. It wouldn't be that hard for me to navigate back to the clubhouse on my own.

"Okay, you're gonna make a right onto this upcoming side street," Jungkook informs.

After following his directions, we're now in what seems to be the parking lot of a diner. It makes no sense to me why this place would be in such an inconspicuous spot--it's so easy to drive past the place without noticing it. It's obviously the clubhouse since Jungkook has undone his seatbelt even though the car is still moving. But if it's also a diner shouldn't it be somewhere visible so that they can actually run a proper business? Or at least so they make enough money to pay the bills?

There are barely any cars so I pick a random spot to park. Jungkook is out of the vehicle in a flash. I'm not about to let him disappear without at least saying thank you so I also climb out of the car, hurrying after the man.

From the outside, the diner appears to be like any other in the town, maybe even a bit better than average. It's about the size of a house and it even looks like it has a second floor. To the left of it, I see a large dumpster in a fenced-off area. To the right, there is a path leading to behind the building. There's a porch that stretches across the entire front of the diner but it's too small to fit any tables. A sign hangs from the stair handrail which reads: Tranquility. That must be the diner's name. I can't help but snort at the irony--I bet none of the gang members have any sort of peace in their lives.

Just as Jungkook makes it to the porch stairs, the door opens and Ammo walks out, arms crossed over his chest and a big smirk on his face. The younger club member freezes in place, allowing me to catch up to him.

"What's the face for?" Jungkook asks cautiously.

"Just thought I'd let you know that Jimin is prepared to kick your ass the moment he sees you again," Ammo answers.

Jungkook laughs lightly, shaking his head. "Delilah asked me to do it. He should get mad at her, then."

"Yeah but you agreed to her scheme so he claims you're equally as responsible."

"He's just lucky she wasn't actually mad. That'll teach him to not leave her hanging next time."

"Hold on," I cut in, grabbing Jungkook by the elbow to turn him around. "You lied about this girl getting mad at Jimin?"

Jungkook raises an eyebrow. "Uh, yeah?"

"Why the hell did you lie to me then?" I demand, scowling. "You should've told me instead of putting on that farce about me distracting Jimin and indirectly making this Delilah mad."

"Yeah but I wanted a free ride back here and if you knew the truth I never would've been able to convince you," the brunette shrugs.

"Are you kidding me? You fucking freeloader," I gawk, in disbelief over this guy's excuse.

"Hey, I said I would make it up to you. No need to blow a gasket yet."

"Yeah? Well I hope it's real good after you guilt-tripped me into helping you," I scoff, rolling my eyes.