𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 12

Warning: this chapter contains a scene involving unwanted touching and may be uncomfortable to read. If you don't want to read, skip starting at the paragraph that begins with So I turn around so my back is facing him until the paragraph with Maybe he's having mercy on me. The first parts will be bold so they're easier to find.

The moment I step through the pub, the blonde's eyes meet mine and he begins making a beeline straight for me. On the other hand, I'm dead set on getting to the staff room and away from the piece of shit. I walk as fast as I can but Tyler's longer legs allow him to cover more ground. It isn't long before he's basically walking on my heels. So, in order to try and lose him, I slam the staff door shut behind me, hoping he'll get the message. But I can't help cringing knowing that everyone in the goddamn building would've heard it.

"Nicole..."

"You're not really good at reading this situation, are you?" I scoff, quirking an eyebrow questioningly.

"I just wanted to check and made sure you made it home alright last night."

"Mm, after you high-tailed it out of there and left me? Yeah, I was alright."

"You don't understand--I didn't have a choice," Tyler says quietly.

"Last time I checked, no one had been holding you at gunpoint so I don't think you were forced to ditch me," I deadpan.

"You were chatting it up with those two Scarlet Knives guys. You'd think they were the ones that took you to that parlour instead of me." The blonde's voice has a bit more edge to it now, irritation bleeding through.

"Well, it's not like you were making an effort to talk. It looked to me like you were on a date with your phone. Tell me, what was the point of taking me there to apologize? Not only did you refuse to talk but you couldn't even keep eye contact with me for more than a minute," I counter.

"I...I had it written down...what I was gonna say..."

"Well then you should've said so because anyone would automatically assume you were scrolling through social media or something, such as myself."

"Can I just do it now?" Tyler pleads.

"No," I reply bluntly.

"Nikki, ple--"

"I gave you your chance and you blew it. Whatever relationship that was possible between us is thrown out the window--we are nothing more than coworkers. I'm not gonna ghost you or anything, we can talk still. Just don't expect me to hang out with you outside of work, especially not after that insensitive comment about Miriam. And I wouldn't suggest trying to ask me because my answer will always result in you being turned down," I interrupt. "Now if you'll excuse me, I need to get changed into my work uniform."

I leave Tyler standing alone in the room, stunned. He better take the hint and leave me alone from now on. He's a prideful man so he probably doesn't wanna hurt his ego. I'm sure he realizes I'm not idly threatening him so hopefully he saves himself from embarrassment in the future. And if he doesn't listen, then fuck him.

◂ ❚ ⊱ꕥ⊰ ❚ ▸

"Fuck me."

I click my tongue in annoyance, staring at the old man sitting at one of the barstools. My break just finished and now I've come back to Gary. How lucky. He's by himself and I'm not sure if that will be a good thing or bad. There aren't any other guys I'll have to deal with but it also means there isn't anyone who will save me from the club president. Given our last encounter, he's probably gonna be a total dick. The thought of pretending to be sick so I can leave crosses my mind but I realize Gary would just keep showing up. I won't be able to run from him forever without losing my job in the process.