Introduction

The beams of sunlight shined onto a small district in an unknown land.

The woman unopened the slip of paper she picked out of a glass bottle. "... Theodore Ackerman." She called, a circle forming around the young man. He slowly walked up to the podium, without saying anything. Rather, without the ability to say anything. His twin brother, Nathaniel followed him up, holding his hand, until the guards pushed him away. Theodore walked up the stairs, staring at Nathaniel the entire time. Nathaniel clenched his hands into two fists. "Nathaniel Ackerman." She called after. What? Was this some kind of joke? What were the odds of this? Nathaniel ran up to the podium, hugging his brother with tears streaming down their faces.

"Well, finally, all of the choosing ceremonies have been completed", said a news reporter on a local news channel. "Meaning all districts have chosen their tributes! We have...

Morpheus and Echo!

Rihito and Avril!

Giovanni and Peyton!

Ivan and Selena!

Maikki and Oral!

Jinx and Ariel!

Mason and Rosalie!

Enos and Carter!

Luke and Ash!

Emily and Andrew!

Perrie and Jenni!

And Nathaniel and Theodore!

Well, let's get these games started."

Perrie stared at her tv. "G-Giovanni?" She rewinded the commercial. There his name was. Her and Giovanni were both in the games. Could this get any worse?

She put on a hoodie and ran across the street, rain splattering on her shoulders. She accidentally bumped into a man also wearing a hoodie, unable to see his face. "S-sir, I'm s-" The man took off his hood, revealing Giovanni. The stared into each other's eyes; both said nothing. Tears fell from each other which led to a hug.

Morpheus ran through the rain, looking for the woods were Rosie was located. He ran into Selena, who coincidentally was looking for her date as well, Jinx. They both stared at each other, knowing exactly what was happening and why they were out. They nodded and continued running, eventually reaching their destination, giving Jinx and Rosie a hug.

Two men were talking in a conference room. One slapped the other. "Why did is do this?!" The first man said. "What if we get caught?" "Just listen..." The other replied. "I did this for money. This Hunger Games will be even better now. It'll have way more drama and tension." "True... But what if they figure out?!" The first man said again, throwing a fist onto a counter. The other man turned around and gave a devious smirk. "Don't worry... No one will figure out I rigged the votes."