4 | ᪥

Naisha's POV

A week! It's been a week since I met Aavish and talked with him. We haven't exchanged texts or calls since then. Neither he nor me have taken the initiative to talk, and it feels like we were just ignoring each other, it did hurt. I didn't understand why or what had happened that he was ignoring me. The lunch was perfect, we were our natural selves but it seemed that it was only me who felt that, cause clearly he had some other thought.

Suddenly I saw a hand clicking in front of my eyes, I was confused and looked up to see whose hand it was, none other than my best friend, Hridansh.

"Kya hua ? Kidhar khoyi hui hai ?" he asked.

I just shook my head and got back to work. Hridansh sat on the chair in front of me and said, "Naisha, he may have been busy with work, don't worry so much. And anyways, you are meeting him today na, maybe you can confront him if you feel something is wrong."

"Hridansh yaar, what should I confront him about? He is not committed to me, we met after five years and just went to have lunch together, nothing else..." I replied.

"Do you still have feelings for him?" Hridansh asked me.

I myself don't know the answer to this question, he was special but then life happened and now when he's back again I feel a connection but is it only from my side ? Is it only me who's thinking about him ?

I don't have an answer to any of my questions, the oy person who can answer was Aavish. It felt humiliating to be ignored after him flirting so much on that day, it felt as if he was just done with me as if I was a use and throw material, I hope he proves me wrong. I may not have been heartbroken then but I would be now if this was all a game for him.

"Hridansh, I don't know! My head is full with all possibilities and questions and I have answers to none! " I answered or more like whispered with tears in my eyes. It felt as if something was about to change and for bad!

"Nys!" He came around the table and hugged me in the most comforting manner, something that I needed eagerly right now. I just hope it's not bad.

Aavish's POV

It's been a week since our lunch date sort of thing, I haven't met her since then nor have any one of us tried to keep in touch. I don't know what I am doing? Why am I behaving like this is unknown to me, I shall not be flirting, I shall not be on a lunch date with her and give her wrong signals! I just don't understand how I can react like this? I tried to maintain distance and that's one of my reasons to not text her, it was impossible to avoid since we work on the same project so we were eventually going to be in one room discussing business!

I tried to immerse myself in work and get her out of my head but nothing seems to help. Every single thing just brings me back to that lunch outing, I am ashamed of myself. We have already started the project and are meeting today to discuss the designs and location. I can't avoid the meeting as it's really important and that's business. First rule of life is never mix business and private life, so I am surely meeting her today.

"Wassup buddy?" yelled my best friend, Rishit Ahuja, as he entered my office. We both have been together since childhood and had started ArtLife together as co-owners."Stop shouting yaar! And the ceiling is there above, see it yourself." I gave him a sarcastic smile while he just made pout, looking like a monkey.

"Why this sour mood?" he asked. I just shook my head and continued my work. He sighed at my behaviour and asked, "So you haven't told her yet?"

I looked at him and again shook my head, "I don't know how to tell her, I feel like a jerk who led her on when I knew that I shouldn't" I answered honestly.

"So you are ignoring her? You got to be kidding me Aavish!" he raised his voice being frustrated by my stupid self. I felt the same to be honest, a heartless jerk!

"So what am I supposed to do! Tell me what should I do, tell her that I am sorry that I lied to you, flirted with you, like you, but I already have a girlfriend!!!" I yelled at him, being annoyed at my behaviour. We suddenly heard a gasp from behind.

We looked at the door and there stood Naisha with a hand over her mouth and a shocked expression telling us that she had heard everything.

________________

Hey all! I am back with yet another update for you all. How was the story till now?

If you want more frequent updates and fast too, then don't forget to drop in your votes and comments so we get motivated by this.

Till then, bye bye
Florence