3 | 𖣘

Dusty rose chiffon drapes wrapped every inch of the hall, while fairy lights illuminated each corner depicting a fairytale scenery

Dusty rose chiffon drapes wrapped every inch of the hall, while fairy lights illuminated each corner depicting a fairytale scenery. Echoes of joy were in the air, preparing to welcome the little angel who was just a few weeks away. 

This moment felt nostalgic; Mannat had experienced this beautiful moment all those months ago. It was like she was viewing her reflection in the mirror; however, the only difference was instead of her swollen belly moving around the house, cherishing blessings from family, friends, and relatives. 

It was her best friend, but Mannat didn't feel an inch of pain in her heart; instead, she felt joy; she couldn't wait to hold her niece in her arms. 

Maira's voice broke her trance; fixing her gaze on her best friend, she beamed with glee. 

"I'm so happy you both came" 

Maira spoke with honesty because she knew what her best friend and brother went through was not easy, but somewhere in her heart, she knew that they are far better than how they were all those months ago.

"I wouldn't have missed it for the world, plus we're not here for you. I'm here for my angel."

"Matlab Abhi sa ye Choti angel ne meri jaga lali." 
(It seems like my little angel has already replaced me)

"Haa tu tum Kyun jealous hori ho." 
(Yea, so why are you getting jealous)

Mannat glanced down at her belly and smiled. She had already missed so much of her best friend's pregnancy coping with her pain, but now she would enjoy every moment and cherish her happiness to the fullest. 

Zach was admiring the duo from afar; he would forever be grateful to his little sister for making him meet the love of his life. Maira and Mannat had been friends since they could remember; the two were inseparable. 

He knew how deep their friendship was, but at that time, Mannat was just his little sister's best friend and nothing more. The two would talk occasionally, and somewhere along the way, love had started to blossom. 

But then, one night, Mannat had gotten into a minor car accident. That same night Zachary had returned from his trip from Manchester, not finding anyone home. Zach called his sister to find out about their whereabouts. 

Once Maira told him about Mannat, all hell broke loose. He did not know-how, and when he reached the hospital, he just wanted to make sure she was okay. Although Mannat was fine and only had minor injuries, Zach knew right then and there that she was his everything, and he would be damned if he lost her. 

Fast forward two years later, their love only grew more and more each day; their love was pure, and because of that love, they overcame every obstacle life threw at them. 

"Bhai" 

"Where are you lost?" 

"Nowhere, but thank you, choto."