CHAPTER 27

Analise's POV

I let out a small groan as I felt the sun rays hitting my face, making me burry my head deeper in my pillow, pulling the covers over me. My eyes fluttered open on their own as the sound of the shower drifted from the bathroom. I lowered the covers till my chin and inspected the bed.

Indeed, it was empty. Alexander must have woken up before me. The reminders of last night came to my mind as I sat up straight, stretching and yawning at the same time. I could not help but smile lightly.

Twice.

Twice I was having difficulties and both times Alexander was there two help me. He did not make me feel ashamed of having a panic attack nor having nightmare and I was thankful for that. The grin still on my face, I reached towards the nightstand, taking my phone, checking for any updates but there were none.

Switching it off, I passed a hand through my tangled hair and the door to the washroom opened and Alexander walked out.

He was only wearing his pants that were hanging low on his waist and I felt my mouth run dry at the sight. The clothes he wore did not justice to his built body. He had tones abs and a deep V-line. Just like I had suspected, he had tattoos covering his chest and they went down both his arms, stopping at his wrists.

The tattoos had nothing in common. It ranged from words to flowers to symbols. However looking at it as a whole, they fit perfectly. They reminded me of the different pieces of a puzzle. His body was not flawless. I could see faint marks and the lighter skin underneath the ink designs.

The scars somehow made him look even better in my eyes. Just like actions speak louder than words, his scars and blemishes conveyed stories that even the person could not tell. It represented his strength and bravery and that he was still standing in front of me, striving.

He had a towel in his hand with which he was drying his wet hair. The droplets from his hair fell on his chest, rolling down his inked body until they got absorbed by the material of his pants. Unknowingly, I gulped at the drool worthy sight and I was so tempted to take a picture. My phone was already in my hand.

Before I could do anything, the towel landed of my face, breaking me out of my trance. "Don't even think of it." As I removed the towel from my face, groaning, he was on my side. He snatched the phone from my hand and stuffed it in his pockets before taking the towel back.

I glared at him while he had a small smirk playing on his lips. "Go get ready." I rolled my eyes and got off the bed. Taking my bag with me, I entered the bathroom. I splashed some cold water on me to try and calm myself down and reduce the redness of my flushed cheeks.

I took a shower and quickly got dressed. Stuffing my clothes back in the bag, I exited the bathroom and saw Alexander on his phone. While he talked to whoever was on the other side of the line, I did a quick check of the room, ensuring we did not leave anything behind.

"What happened?" I asked as I gathered Amelia's diary and the map.

"Queen Elena called. They did not find anything at their spot. It looked deserted for decades."

"I just hope she is at one of these two spots or I will never hear the end of it from my family." I muttered, already irritated at the thought of getting taunted by my family.

"We'll find her." He reassured me as he next to me and took my bag from me. Taking his own bag, we left the room. We gave the keys back to the man who still looked a bit scared of Alexander. Thankfully our car was fixed and we wated no time getting back on the road.

Only minutes later, I felt Alexander's eyes on me from time to time but he did not say anything. I already had an idea what he wanted to talk about and I dreaded it. Finally, he broke the silence. "Your nightmare, do you get it often?"