Chapter 3 - MORE CHANGES?! 🤯

(DAY 1 w/ THE BAD BATCH)

On a mission, Hunter, Tech, Wrecker and Crosshair marched into Landing Bay One-Tac-One.

Hearing the clunk of their boots Nala Se turned away from her assistant and immediately asked, "Where is SAC-1?" Not wanting such an expensive investment to be lost by these careless commandos.

"She's meeting us here." Hunter informed her without saluting, no needing to put on a show with the lack of the Prime Minister. "But we'd like to discuss the situation at hand before she arrives." Nala Se's frown deepened, but he plowed on anyway, "We don't need or want a new squad member - she's never seen a real battle, so how can she be of any use to us?" He crossed his arms in finality, "We'll be forced to hold her hands. We have enough to do already, the extreme conditions during these suicide missions require our full attention, and having to keep a close eye on her at all times could result in a causality, or even a fatality." None of which they were willing to risk for an outsider.

"Your squad was chosen because you are the only ones who can complete SAC-1's training." Nala Se countered unsympathetically.

"'Complete her training?'" Crosshair repeated in disgust. "We're not babysitters."

"SAC-1's enhancements will require expert training to hone them fully, which we cannot provide for her. In order to become the exceptional soldier she was created to be, she needs to see first-hand how to use her capabilities in a real battle setting. Your squadron had to learn on your own how to perfect your enhancements, so I naturally assumed you would not wish that on SAC-1."

Her tone full of rebuke, Hunter mentally reverted back to their cadet days and almost gave in right on the spot, to protect his family from possible repercussions. But he was no longer a helpless child, he was a strong, grown leader now, who wouldn't back down to unfair treatment.

"Hunter, I do think we should reconsider." Tech chimed in though, the only one in the group disagreeing with this. "SAC-1 may be a shiny, but I am confident she is fully capable of being a great soldier. All the signs are there."

Hunter turned to pin him with a stern frown, though his eyes had a touch of sympathy in them. "I understand you like the fact that she's brainy like you, but what Crosshair said is true."

"SAC-1 will require little guidance." Hard eyes sliding shut, Hunter slowly directed a more sincere frown back up at Nala Se. "Once the Agent sees the skills she was created with in a realistic battle setting, she will be self-sufficient and a fine asset to your team."

Hunter, Crosshair and Wrecker hesitated to respond, the latter two sending unconvinced Sarge expectant glances.

Seeing he was not still fully convinced, Nala Se had to resort to a bribe instead of a veiled threat, because what it boiled down to be was the Agent did need to complete her training, and Clone Force 99 were the only ones who could do so. She calmly folded her hands. "Let us negotiate a deal."

Hunter... started to see that their usual defiance wasn't going to be allowed this time. "I'm listening." He gruffly conceded. 'Might as well get something out of this cruddy situation, I s'pose.'

"Take SAC-1 on one mission."

'Not a very good start to the "negotiations."'

"Show the Agent how to use her skills in a real battle. If she does well, she will stay with you." A questioning brow shot up, a silent ask from Hunter to hear the flipside. "But if she fails, then you will return her to Kamino." He squinted suspiciously. "You will walk away with no blame for her failure," Nala Se promised, "And we will scrounge up an alternative way to train her."