Chapter 33 - First Period Around the Boys: Pt. 4 😳🩸

🚫Trigger-Squeamish Warning(?) again 🚫 ~ I do speak openly about this subject again, and also clone sterilization. 

____________________________________

(DAY 67 w/ THE BAD BATCH)

Talla spoke too soon. Day 2 of her first period around the boys was WORSE. The simple explanation: it was so bad, Talla could not leave the confines of her room. It was another nightmare her and everyone else had to navigate through with hardly a clue as to what they could do about it.

Well, Talla couldn't really 'do' ANYTHING. And the others had similar despair.

Talla didn't come out for breakfast. Even as late as eleven in the morning she was a no-show. The remaining members of the team busied themselves with various tasks around the ship, not wanting to bother her in case this turned out to be one of those times where their teammate wanted to be left alone, no disturbances, suffer the violent consequences if you do. Unfortunately, it would deteriorate her condition if she did not properly hydrate and sustain herself, and last they checked Talla had not brought any food or drink with her when going to bed last night.

So the original medic of the Bad Batch, Tech, finally allowed himself, the calm one, to check on her when it was a quarter to noon.

Talla did not reply when he knocked on her door. Nor when he knocked and called out her name.

He rushed inside the dark chamber, and Talla was found not as a lump under the covers like expected. She was down on the cold floor of her refresher, curled up in a tight ball, thankfully not DEAD since Tech was quick to find a pulse on her neck. She was just unconscious. Not a very nice alternative, obviously, but one he could live and work with, one that didn't give him symptoms of a heart attack.

And it turns out, she wasn't unconscious either, thank the Maker. A sharp grunt in protest when he attempted turning her on her back said otherwise, same with his inability to shift her locked position. Giving a slightly firmer tug on her arm, he found that for someone with all strength drained from her, Talla was determined to stay as she was. In a bunch of broken up, muffled sentences, Tech was able to gather she'd been unable to catch her breath from the debilitating pangs he did sadly predict for day two of her period. She'd literally crawled into the refresher to take a dose of pain meds via self-injection, SHOCKINGLY. But relief never came. She could do nothing else but pass out here from painful exhaustion.

Tech lamented his friend might as well have been unconscious or dead. There was nary a change when her dead weight was heaved up from the floor. Tucking her back into bed was a challenge, because it was hard to tuck the blanket around her without covering her head or giving unwanted physical contact.

"'s the only way... it doesn't hurt so bad." Talla weakly told him, when he openly commented that her position was making it difficult to help her.

Improvisation their squad's specialty, Tech made do with what little he was presented with. With an added measure of patience needed, the blanket was eventually secured around her stiff and aching body. Next, the fathier pillow was blindly accepted to rest her head being impaled with figurative vibroblades. And since she was so out of it, the next dose of pain medication was administered by needle without any trouble.

For the rest of the day and well into the night Talla was laid up in bed, except for the times she forced herself to take the laborious trek to her refresher. There were not enough viable brain cells untouched by this wretched curse to form a few choice words over her woeful existence. But a handful of times, when the pain meds reached their peak strength and provided a fleeting moment of respite, it did allow Talla to, and she really did seriously consider the idea of going back to Kamino.