Chapter 41 - Shifting Tides 🌊

(KAMINO - TIPOCA CITY - EMBRYO ROOM)

When it was demanded of Nala Se to create a specimen so spectacular, so amazing they could rival a Jedi all on their own, who are thought of as the most powerful sentient beings in the universe... It was not as if the vain Doctor would want to back down from the challenge. 'No one can kill a Jedi,' most everyone in the galaxy claimed. Well, Chief Medical Scientist Nala Se excelled at doing what was thought to be impossible.

Sure, there was always setbacks, like stretching the last shreds of the DNA from the late Jango Fett with more and more issues manifesting with every new generation of clones created. But while being confident in her scientific ability, the challenge was daunting enough that Nala Se didn't want to take any more chances than necessary with this proposed PROJECT her superior envisioned. She did not want to have any unnecessary setbacks in what would be, no doubt, a strenuous process.

Lama Su suggested another great warrior of Mandalore to be handpicked as a genetic host, and it made sense. People who came from a race who'd held their own against the Jedi at one time had proven to have good DNA to clone, and good warriors to use as mentors. The Kaminoans impressive army had proven that a million times over. The Mandalorian lifestyle revolved around war, integrated in every aspect of their lives when adopted into the culture, so it was a probable conclusion that another, smaller army could be created without Jango, and would not waste those precious DNA shreds sadly beginning to decay.

Instead of choosing someone who had temperament issues such as the late Jango Fett, Nala Se learned from that mistake and wanted to experiment with someone who was inherently more docile. A true warrior who was totally compliant and a die-hard loyal to their higher authorities. Perhaps the rebellious tendencies nipped in the bud at the very start would mean one less alteration to the DNA and wouldn't result in such disastrous consequences, as seen over and over again with the rebellious Experimental Unit: Clone Force 99. Those enhanced clones excelled at their job, they just did not do it in the most cost-effective way. And the Republic could run out of patience and money one day as the war sucked the galaxy of both. A more compliant host could, theoretically, mean less trouble later on, such as what was dealt with on a daily basis with even the standard but temperamental Jango Fett specimens, only worsened by the horrendous Jedi influence. For an added safety net, these new enhanced clones would be raised away from the regular clone troopers as well.

The only explanation was that it was momentary insanity, Nala Se making a passive comment about how if she could alter DNA and create five enhanced clones, imagine how powerful ONE specimen could potentially be with all the enhancements could be.

It... did not turn out that way.

(FLASHBACK - 24 BBY)

"What about a female clone?" Lama Su had decided to piggy-back on soon after Nala Se delivered the four enhanced Fett clones to Tipoca, "Considering the first one is turning out so well."