Chapter 29 - Snarky Sniper Siblings? 😅

🎯 First Night as Roommates 🐺

(KALIIDA - DAY 38 w/ THE BAD BATCH - EARLY MORNING)

Have you ever slept in the same room as a person who snores?

Crosshair had loads of experience, having used to share barracks and a very tiny ship with Wrecker not that long ago, which is why he had originally adapted to the sound of sawing logs, which if you think about it was not a hard accomplishment considering his unusual capabilities of falling into a kriffing coma when choosing to get some rest. There were some good(ish) things about growing up on Kamino, he reluctantly supposed.

But he had had his own room for just over a month now. AND he was in a hospital now. He was in an unfamiliar yet nightmarishly familiar environment, surrounded by unfamiliar and filthy medical personal he hated, he was shot up full of unfamiliar medications that he would have fought till the death to refuse if need be.

But Hunter reminded Crosshair that he needed to get better, so there wouldn't be a reason given to Nala Se to decommission him. As much as they said they were eager to blow her off the face of the planet, neither Bad Batcher actually wanted the entire Republic gunning for them at present, not if it could be avoided. At least it was a sorta tolerable reg giving the meds, one who definitely didn't like Nala Se.

So, you'd think Talla's presence would be a comfort to Crosshair throughout that first long night, when he tossed and turned uneasily from the nightmare circumstances he was in.

...

No, no she was not a comfort because TALLA WAS THE CAUSE OF THE NIGHTMARE CIRCUMSTANCES THAT CAUSED ALL HIS TOSSING AND TURNING.

Whether her snoring that could wake up the dead was due to recovering from the touches of lung problems, or she just kriffing snored already and he never knew about it, Crosshair didn't really care after rolling into hour two of listening to this. Shocking that he lasted so long, I know, but he figured the fine-tuned skills of sleeping through anything would kick in and he'd pass out as per usual, like he did during a Kaminoan hurricane, which Talla could go to head with on the noise levels. There'd be moments of silence on her part and blissful dream land would start falling upon him, then Talla started up again, somehow getting louder and louder each time, which Crosshair didn't know how it was biologically possible.

He was surprised the hospitals alarm systems hadn't been activated! With a growl of annoyance, the stupid tooka doll was yeeted across the room with all his strength and despite the room being almost pitch black it hit smack dab right onto Talla's face.

*snort* Groggy Talla shot upwards, "Wha-?" She instinctively reached for the blaster under her pillow while asking, "Are we under attack -?" Her eyes bugged out when there was nothing to grab, and the pillow was swiped away, "Where's my -?!"

"You snore worse than Wrecker." Crosshair snarled. Then he fluffed his pillow, shifted away from her and laid back down with an annoyed huff.

Talla blinked, brain circuits not quite fired up yet, then noticed the fallen tooka doll on the disgusting hospital floor and Crosshair curling up in his bed, already halfway to dreamland now with the sweet, sweet silence.

A pink tint dusted Talla's cheeks in embarrassment by the claim laid at her feet. "I don't snore!"

"I got war flashbacks to the earthquake down in the mine." Crosshair dryly murmured halfway into his pillow, mentally telling her to 'Shut her trap.'

Her entire face felt like it was on fire now, "I don't snore -" She insisted through gritted teeth.

Crosshair pushed his upper body off the mattress so he could pin her with a warning glare. "Just put on the breathing mask, then we'll both be happy."