Chapter 13 - A Tattoo Sounds SO WIZARD! 🤩

A/N:

I MANAGED TO GET A CHAPTER OUT ON MAY THE FOURTH! 😆😆😆

✍🏻side note✍🏻 This chapter was written for purely comical reasons, I seriously doubt any of the lingo used later in it I created would be used in the real Star Wars universe, but it'll be sooooo worth it XDDDDDD

Enjoy!!!!!

______________________

(DAY 13 w/ THE BAD BATCH)

It took two days for Talla to lose the stupid crutch. When she woke up on the third morning and found herself able to be steady on her own two feet without that kriffing hunk of metal that kriffing abused her armpits, she could have jumped for joy! Except, well, she didn't want to risk having a relapse, so she had to make do with a small cheer to herself.

It had been an excruciating couple of days. The woman had realized that she hated sitting around doing nothing, even if it was doctor ordered 'necessary resting.' 🙄😒 If it hadn't been for holovids, she might have lost it, but she was so close to anyways. Yes, they were highly entertaining, but Talla's sensitive eyes would painfully strain from the bright moving picture after an hour or so and she'd have to take breaks, and there was only a small number of other things she could do without exerting herself.

Cybernetic maintenance lessons from Tech, which were surprisingly tedious because she hated what the droid-like limb had miserably brought upon her, so she only lasted with ten(ish) minute intervals at a time.

Taking a nap, which was a new, foreign concept Talla wasn't sure she was okay with because it wasted precious time. Plus, the attempts were short-lived because just as she could start peacefully drifting off, a booming explosion or something else equally thunderous would sound from the common area, causing her to jump up and swiftly grab the knife and hand blaster under from her pillow to fight off incoming attackers, only for her to groan when Wrecker's whoops and hollers could be heard milliseconds later and the dots connected in her mind: it was just his holovids.

The only other thing Talla had tried to do was attempt target practice from her bed. Wrecker stole one of Crosshairs spare droid posters to put up in her own room, and she alternated between the gun and knives, but Talla of course hit the target every time so that too quickly became boring.

So, with pep in her step at FINALLY BEING FREE, she strutted into the common area to join the others for breakfast.

"Hey, look who's not hobblin' anymore!" Wrecker happily announced.

Hunter and Crosshair glanced up from their breakfasts. Hunter's smile was barely there as usual but still just as genuine. Ever the grump when it came to anything about the new member, Crosshair just humphed disinterestedly and turned back to his breakfast that wasn't rations.

With the positive response she did get, Talla's spirits lifted even more, and she scanned the room for her other buddy, nowhere to be found. "Where's Tech?" She wondered, knowing he'd be pleased as well.

"He's cookin' breakfast." Wrecker informed her around a bite of some sort of food in his mouth.

Talla blinked. "... Cooking?" She repeated in disbelief, pointing her thumb blindly to the kitchen across the way. "As in, using the stove cooking?"

"And I thought Wrecker had a tiny mind." Crosshair quipped before taking a sip of his caf. Hunter sent him a dirty look.

Talla's jaw set, temper threatening to flare. "I only meant that I thought you guys couldn't cook." She clarified shortly. Crosshair only used that condescending tone when he was forced to interact with Talla, and it managed to sting every, single, time. And even when he didn't say anything, he still managed to convey his disdain for her existence with a piercing glare, lips seeming to be permanently curled in a distasteful sneer. Or on the other end of the spectrum, Crosshair just plain ignored Talla, and it was just as equally disheartening and hurtful. 'Why doesn't he like me yet?'