Chapter 34 - Your Friend Looks Like A - 😦❕😡❗

Ear-splitting shrieks echoed down there in the dark underwater lab. The reverberating hum of a machine was drowned out by the crackles of its sinister product: white-hot electrical currents that were inflicted on the specimen trapped within the near-invisible force. The test subject in question was a female, but one might be concerned about this particular specimen of what Nala Se could call in many ways her 'Greatest Scientific Achievement' -concerned at the fact that she was more a girl than a full-fledged woman. Meaning her shrieks of agony had a heart-wrenching pitch to them that signified she was still very much young. For Force's sake, there was still evidence of the adorable childhood chubbiness in her facial features, now twisted up in agony.

Merciless electric shocks coursed through the girl's body, causing a searing white-hot pain that somehow became more and more excruciating with each passing session, and would last in longer time increments as the morning progressed. The girl - SAC-1 - was unable to fight back, no freedom to even contort along with the spasms of her muscles, being suspended in the unyielding magnetic containment field which was the only type of restraint that could hold a clone with enhanced strength. It made her powerless and vulnerable, perfecting this inhumane exercise to test the limits of her resolution.

"If you are captured by enemy forces and tortured for information, we must make sure that you do not reveal anything that would put the Republic at risk, " Was Nala Se's reasoning for this particular experiment.

SAC-1 had just reached the physical and mental maturity of vulnerable fourteen. The concept of torture was gruesome enough for adults, and yet here this young teen was, subjected to this electrical shock, much like the Separatists would apparently use to get adult her to squeal like a puffer pig. But SAC-1 was conditioned to believe this was all justified, so much so that she didn't use her skills to fight back when she had the chance earlier, being hooked up to life-support monitors before restraints were ever locked.

At first, she refused to break, knowing that failure to complete this 'training' would result in certain death, which should have been a major red flag that this whole thing wasn't really right. Death threats were never okay. But the conditioning... it made her downplay everything. Justify these cruel actions.

Experiments had never been this severe though, this taxing on SAC-1 until now. There was no relief even when the electrical currents stopped, her restricted muscles twitching relentlessly as a terrible side effect, and if that wasn't enough a piercing tingling sensation afflicted through her body, inside and out, with almost the same ferocity as the shocks. On top of the burns no doubt littering her body and face, giving off the sickening smell of burnt flesh, along with the burnt fabric that used to be her clothes, along with her hair being singed, the blinding white flashes of the electrical currents piercing her eyes and skull, THE INABILITY TO MOVE... SAC-1's senses had never been so overwhelmed in her entire short life. And sadly, that was the point of this experiment.

The teen Clone Agent started wishing for that sweet release of unconsciousness... or even more permanently, death. That unshakeable resolve began to crack under the dark thoughts promising relief if she just gave in.

Another five seconds passed, this bout of electrocution ended, and her head felt like a hundred pounds of complete dead weight, too heavy to hold upwards. If she was released now, there was nary a doubt in her muddled mind that there wouldn't be the strength nor the will to catch herself. Ragged gasps filled the silence, desperate to replenish her oxygen supply that was cut off while she was being roasted alive from the inside outwards. Her blurred vision cut in and out, her eyes kept wanting to slide shut against her weak will, unconsciousness threatening to overtake her. And by now SAC-1 did admit to herself that wished with all her might it would, the convulsions even worse than the last time. Dread was not a descriptive enough word to explain her feelings about the next round of electrocution. "I can't... take... anymore!" Was the young teen's sputtered plea between choked gasps, hoping the Kaminoan Doctor would grant her deliverance from this so-called morally right torture session. Now, of all times, SAC-1 was starting to wonder if intentionally inflicting such pain on an individual was actually morally right. If it was wrong for those Separatists to do so... why would it be right for someone else? This was the very thing she was training to protect people from!