Chapter 37

--She hit him.

'I was hit.'

That thought crossed Genji's mind. He whirled his head back and glared lightly at the ravenette who had her hood up to cover her face. "Why you little! How could you hit me!?"

Kaiyo blinked and stared at her hand before waving it vigorously as if to shake off any bacteria on it. She actually hit him without thinking!

"Now you're acting like that!? Mean!" Genji wailed.

The Red members on the opposite side could only see the exchange between Genji and the mysterious hooded person. The person looked petite; the hoodie looking baggy around their body. Paired with the hood and the shades they were wearing, they couldn't see the expression on that person's face. But they noticed how they were hesitant and stiff throughout the conversation—even from the time they stepped into the room.

--As if afraid of something.

"Boss, you asked for it." Goto promptly responded.

"I was just asking if I should accept the proposal or not! Is that something I'm not supposed to ask?" Genji shot back.

Kaiyo shook her head.

"It is something that matters about the gang, so I need someone else's opinion!"

Kaiyo shook her head again.

"? What? So you mean not to agree with their proposal?"

Hearing that, the two Red members standing behind the couch flinched visibly. Kaiyo saw their movements and paused for a second to think. It was a good proposal. If both sides were to partner up, it would give more resources for the investigation. And this new group might pose as a new power group in the underground, keeping others in check.

Genji stared at the thinking Kaiyo with amusement. He was only teasing her for a moment, but due to time constraints, he shall stop here for today. Turning back front and straightening himself, he opened his mouth to speak. "I gave it some thought, and I think that we should not come to—ack!"

Kaiyo had smacked him behind his head again.

Eyes twitching from her actions, Genji slowly turned his head around. He thought maybe it wasn't him teasing that had gone too far, but Kaiyo was the one going too far this time.

When he looked behind him, he saw Kaiyo shoving her phone screen in front of his face. With a raised brow, he leaned back slightly to properly read the words on the screen.

She had typed out a sentence. 'I think it is good to consider about the proposal instead of rejecting it. It's good for both sides.'

Genji lifted his eyes to look at her before grinning without reason. "Let me finish my words first before you smack me in the head again." Genji then turned around and repeated his statement, saying, "As I was saying before, I think that we should not come to such conclusion about the cooperation partnership yet. It's a nice proposal, so give me some time to talk about it with the rest of my members."

Mikoto and Kusanagi nodded their heads, thinking that his reasoning was understandable. If someone else came over and initiated for a partnership, they wouldn't hastily agree with it on the spot.

Kaiyo stared at him in disbelief before she took in a deep breath to calm herself, crossing her arms and gave a huff, turning her head to the side whilst looking up at Goto, glaring at him since there wasn't anyone else to stare at. She couldn't bring herself to stare at the people on the opposite side.

The two sitting Red members saw the actions of the hooded person and then thought the two—Genji and the hooded person—have good friendship between them. They could hit Genji at the back of his head twice and not get retaliated in any harmful way by the man.