Prologue

Rain started dripping down from the cloudy skies. Within a matter of a few minutes, it started pouring down endlessly, much enough to cause the environment to look dimmed and foggy. With the ongoing wind blowing with all its might, it could cause an umbrella to turn the other way around.

Everyone else took shelter in buildings, or under any nearby stalls' stands that were enough to hold one more person to hide from the pouring rain, whilst some braved the rain and ran under them, frantically trying to make it home with or without an umbrella over their head.

And while people were desperately trying, there walked, a young girl dressed in tattered clothing. Blood seeped out from some of the wounds she had on her body, yet she paid no mind.

She stopped on her tracks and lifted her head upwards, using one of her hand to shelter her eyes from the rain that pelted onto her from above. Chills swam down her spine and she knew she would catch a cold if she didn't bring herself home and treat her cold body in a mildly hot bath.

But she had just made it out from her horror of a home. Why would she go back in? Her hand went to the necklace tucked safely beneath her clothing, hanging around her neck. She wished for its protection. But we all know, nothing would happen. But for a small, young child, it was hope.

A figure's face swarmed into her mind, causing her body to go tense.

--Rimu

Her legs moved on its own and she turned around, heading towards her house despite how much her mind didn't want it.

She had mindlessly walked out, disregarding and forgetting about Rimu, who was left at the horrible home. A walking speed then turned into a full sprint when she thought of something or amything happening to Rimu passed her mind.

Legs running as quickly as she could, she didn't mind if her shoes were soaked to their soles.

She just hopes that nothing bad comes onto Rimu in the interval that she left the house and the time she comes back.

Because the house holds a bad monster.