Chapter 1

Various bells rang out simultaneously, signalling the end of classes and the start of lunch break. Without any further ado, students swarmed out of their classes the moment the teacher had walked right out of their sights.

Many multiple footsteps thundered in the hallways; rushing towards the cafeteria stores. The faster they are, the better food they would get. That's the rule in every high school. First-come first-serve. Late-comers won't be able to get anything juicy to their palate.

With that said, half of the population of the student body would bring their own food along with them and eat it either in class or outside the school buildings. Their food ranges from packed bread to biscuits to unhealthy fast food restaurant food and to home cooked food packed in a bento box.

And there are a small group of people who wouldn't bring along with them any lunch at all. Are they on a diet, you would ask? It defers for each person. Some are, or some may not have the money and some just couldn't be bothered.

Two hands slammed harshly onto a table, shaking the desk that rest a sleeping person. Having her sleep disrupted, the female groaned out in annoyance. "Whoever the hell you are, go away."

"Whoever the hell I am?! I'm your best friend, Amaro! You can't just kick me away!" A voice yelled from above her. She felt hands poking her head feverishly, forcing her awake from her slumber. "Kaiyo Sakomoto! You had better wake up now or else I will pass judgement on you!" The poking changed into one hard whack on the head.

Frustration seeped in and Kaiyo lifted her head from the table. Sucking in a deep breath to calm her anger, she looked upwards to send a glare to her friend.

With a combed back brown hair with the side bangs framing his face, his dark brown eyes stared down at Kaiyo, returning her menacing glare with a bright, wide smile. "There you go. And that look is not fit for a lady like you, Kaiyo. Smile more!" He moved his hands and forced the corner of Kaiyo lips' upwards, forcing her to plaster on a smile.

She moved her head away from him, shooting him another glare with a grunt leaving her lips. "Go away. I need my beauty sleep."

"Haven't you ever heard of this saying? 'The more you sleep, the chances are that you will turn into a pig.' " He quoted with a knowing look. "Look, even Sakura is worried for you!"

Kaiyo turned her head to see said female walking over and standing beside Amaro. "Are you alright, Kaiyo-chan? You looked like you didn't get enough sleep yesterday."

Kaiyo sighed out through her nose. "Yeah. I wasn't able to get any. It's no biggie."

"Not having enough sleep can lead to sleep deprive you know! Come on! Let's go and grab some lunch." Amaro's hand came out and grabbed onto Kaiyo's right upper arm. Instead of the lenient response he thought he would get, he got a slap to his hand and a harsh hiss of pain from her.

Amaro stood there, dumbfounded at her more than needed violent reaction. When the rusty screws in his head ran and placed everything together, his face fell into one of pity and sadness as his eyes held anger.

"It happened again?" He questioned softly.

Kaiyo looked away, not wanting to have eye-contact with him.

"... I thought it stopped. It has been closed to three months now." Sakura came between Kaiyo and Amaro, knowing that the latter might lash out since he can be easily angered.

"Well, it was partly my fault. I got karma back in return for punching him." Kaiyo answered plainly.

"You what!?" Amaro turned flabbergasted.