Chapter 22

A/N: yesh I'm still alive ahaha, pardon was busy with school projects and submissions haiz

Kind of left off at a cliffhanger back there. Enjoy this kinda long chapter~!

And sorry, re-publishing because I placed the wrong chapter's number

..

.

"AHHHHHHHHHH!" An animalistic scream resounded above the sounds of the fight happening in the warehouse, catching the majority of the people's attention towards the man who was screaming his throat and lungs out.

Reddish-pink flames licked his whole right arm, the arm that was reaching out to catch the white-haired female since she had ran away from his boss' hold as a hostage.

His screaming did not stop. The man clutched his thoroughly burnt hand and fell to the floor on his butt. The skin was completely burnt off, showing his flesh that had even turned into a charcoal colour with spots of red from the blood in his veins. The only way for him to survive was to amputate his arm. Even then, if he was not sent to the hospital any sooner, he would die.

Anna, who had shut her eyes when she felt the hand that had pulled her peeked out from beneath her eyelids to see her being engulfed in the familiar colour of red. They were as warm as always, only hurting those who are the target of the flames. It burned at the ropes tying around her, freeing her from its bounds.

Feeling someone standing behind her with a hand on her shoulder, she looked up and almost cried tears on the spot.

"Mi..koto..." Her melodical voice cracked, trying her best to hold back her tears.

Mikoto drew back the flames he had let out to protect Anna from the hand that was close to catching her.

When he saw that Anna had escaped from the leader's hold, he burst his flames around him and ran towards her, pummelling anyone in his way with a flaming fist to their face or an elbow jab to their head. If he was any later, the hand belonging to the enemy would have caught her back into their hands.

For kidnapping them and holding them hostage, burning an arm near to bones wasn't enough.

Mikoto's eyes didn't leave the people who were crowding near the heavily injured person on the floor one by one.

Those who were fighting had momentarily stopped. Both sides each had the same thoughts for each team respectively.

--We got her back!

--We lost the advantage card! We are screwed!

With that thought in mind, there was nothing holding the reds back. The other team's members were shell-shocked that their leader had lost the hostage card. Using this to their advantage, the reds took this as a chance to retaliate, using more of their flames and wicked ways.

The sudden attacks caused the opponent team's members to take a big blow. In just a few minutes, the numbers were about even. The enemy group had lost another advantage—big in numbers card.

"Don't lose formation! Keep attacking! Long-range weapons, fire at the front!" The leader commanded as he snatched a metal bat from one of his members beside him. As he looked up to the second level, he realised that most of his members that were on the second floor had fallen.

"Wha-What the hell happened?!"

Yata appeared from the side on the second floor and showed a thumbs down with a mocking look on his face.