Chapter 43

The two battled between themselves with visual and verbal attacks.

It was eventually settled on Genji's men to do so since it would be suspicious for a stranger to take the Reds' cars back.

Mikoto stared at Genji with a harsh look. Genji returned it with a smug expression, chuckling once when he walked past Mikoto as if to taunt the red head. He clicked his tongue in annoyance before jerking his chin toward the main hall for his fellow clansmen to go to.

Kaiyo walked behind the group, fixing her hood and mask as she went. Thinking of something, she tugged at Kusanagi's sleeve. The blondie male turned his head over. "Is there something?" He asked.

Kaiyo opened her mouth, wanting to say something, but caught sight of Genji looking over his shoulder in curiosity. Closing her mouth, she shook her head, muttering out a 'never mind' and sped up her pace.

Kusanagi gave a furrowed look but didn't pester her about it and continued forth.

Coming to the hall filled only with Genji's men, Genji walked Mikoto's group to the warehouse's entrance. Right outside the metallic doors were the Reds. They shot Genji sharp looks upon seeing his figure beside their King. He smiled in return for the looks given to him.

He shifted his attention to Mikoto. "I hope that the next time we see each other, it is not due to internal conflicts between us two, Suoh," he said.

Mikoto turned around to face Genji as he slid his jacket off of himself and hung it on his left arm. "Ha," he snorted back before looking over at Kaiyo who stood beside Genji.

Kaiyo noticed his gaze on her and blinked her eyes, unable to comprehend him.

With an unreadable expression, he looked away and trudged off with his members following him.

She watched as they walked; the heavy amount of red aura that only she could see, in her own eyes and domain, surrounded the group like a bloody halo.

She remembered the gaze he gave her just then. A fleeting thought crossed her mind as her eyes lingered on the red head's figure.

--His back seemed lonely.

Seeing the faraway look on her face made Genji displeased

Seeing the faraway look on her face made Genji displeased. Mouth pulled, he snapped his fingers in front of Kaiyo. The act brought Kaiyo back from her thoughts as she blinked her eyes owlishly at the older male.

"C'mon, it's late. The talk had taken too long. It's the next day now. No one's home except for Lil' Rimu right? It's best to head home."

Kaiyo's brow twitched. Her eyes darkened as she looked at Genji with a sideward glare. "How do you know that only Rimu's home?"

"You will only dare to come out at this timing..." Genji paused, "if your father isn't home."

Kaiyo's eyes widened a fraction before she cast her eyes away. She kept quiet, eyes to the floor. She fiddled with the bottom of her mask with her right hand.