Chapter 3

Kaiyo slowly opened the door from her house and tugged on her brother's hands. Once he was out from the doorstep, she closed the door as quietly as she could.

Once the door was closed with only making a faint click sound, Kaiyo then pulled her brother along and the both of them made it out from the level they were on and away from the building as quickly as they could.

"I'm sorry we had to leave earlier than usual." Kaiyo apologised to her brother. "I had accidentally left one of my important reports at the place I went to lunch yesterday, and I need to get it back before class start this morning. Will you be fine with going to school this early?"

Rimu shook his head. "I will be okay. But..." he looked up at Kaiyo with a face full of regret, "will you be okay, onee-chan?"

Kaiyo smiled gently at him and she squatted to his level. "Why do you ask?"

Rimu's face squinched and within a few seconds, tears had pooled in his eyes. His right hand came up and lightly touched the thin gauze covering her left cheek. He knew what's beneath it, since he had saw everything happening from the gap between the opened door. "It's because of me... That you're hurt. I'm sorry... Sorry..."

Pain swelled up in Kaiyo's chest and she choked on her saliva, trying not to cry in front of him. Her arms wrapped around Rimu and she pulled him into a hug despite what she was feeling. "It's not your fault, so don't blame yourself."

"I-It is! If I didn't—"

"Shhh... It was bound to happen. It just went on a different end result." Kaiyo pulled away from the hug and held out her right hand with all her fingers curled inside except her pinkie finger. "Promise me that you will never blame yourself?"

Rimu stared at her hand with teary eyes. With a hesitant nod of his head, he held out his own right hand and curled his pinkie around Kaiyo's. They shook and broke apart after the third movement. Kaiyo then gave him a wide, sincere smile. "That's a good boy." She ruffled his hair, earning a playful giggle from Rimu. She then dug into her bag and took out a box-shaped item wrapped with a cloth. "Here's your breakfast and lunch. Don't waste even a single bite okay?" Rimu nodded his head and accepted the cloth bag without hesitation. "I think I need to get going soon. Look after yourself alright?"

Rimu then took a step and placed a kiss on Kaiyo's right cheek, earning a surprised gasp from the female. "A 'get well soon' kiss." He took a few steps back and grinned cutely. "Take care, Onee-chan!" He then gave a wave and turned, running in the direction of his school with the short legs he has.

Kaiyo looked at his retreating figure as he disappeared through a corner in a matter of a few minutes. She knew he would cry somewhere else later on, but she too knew he's a strong person despite being in that young age.

Standing up from her squatting position, she took out her phone and sent a message to Sakura, saying that she will meet her at HOMRA as planned. She then set out towards her destination.

Her right shoulder ached a little when she overstressed it too much. Holding onto the strap of her bag and her shinai bag, she slung it over her left shoulder, keeping it in place.

'Maybe I should take a break from Kendo practice today.' Kaiyo mulled over her thoughts.

The colour of blue that was surrounding a person came into her view. He was walking towards her on the pavement. The particle-like beings swarmed around him, but it wasn't dense, nor did she see any blue wrist band on his left wrist.

--But it's still uncomfortable to realise them.

Pulling out her spectacle she had kept in her uniform's coat pocket, she wore it on it. It was like a change in the view. The blue-coloured particles-like being that surrounded the person disappeared and she walked past the person without any troubles.