Chapter 6

The tings and rings of the bells that chimes when the door was pushed open rang out from the inside.

The inside of the bar was filled with laughter and noisy joy. It was chaotic. One would assume that the people inside were hitting off together very well despite being strangers.

But it was a different day for everyone. It was a day where the bar was mostly 'booked' by the karate club of a high school.

Kaiyo followed behind Gabriel as he held the doors opened for her.

The moment she stepped past the doors and made her face shown, the students who had seen Kaiyo walked in, their voices went soft and eventually, the whole bar became eerie quiet.

Kaiyo glanced around the bar, confused as to why they had stopped.

"Oh, the MVP is here." The teacher in charge of the karate club stood up from his seat by the bar's counter and walked over to Kaiyo's side. "Come come, we have been waiting!"

With glee smiles on their faces, they burst out into a cheer of laughter and applause.

"MVP? No way!" Kaiyo shook her head, holding her hands in front of her to disagree with the teacher's words. "Sensei, I'm just like the other graduating students hahaha." She let out a dry laugh, not knowing what to say.

"You won the highest trophy and a hefty sum for the school. The most we could do for you is treat you to something because we couldn't let you keep the money for yourself." The teacher ushered Kaiyo to the counter bar. Kaiyo sat in between the teacher and the instructor. The instructor bid Kaiyo a good afternoon, in which she did the same. The both of them then began talking. And as always, conversation with the instructor would be on the line as the usual, how she was doing, what are her plans after she steps down, her performance during the match, what she had done good and what she could improve, and who does she think is well enough to take up the position as the Captain.

Halfway through talking, a voice called out her name that was filled with the tone of confusion. Kaiyo turned her head to see the familiar blond hair and shades resting on the top of his hair.

"Ah, Kusanagi-san." Kaiyo greeted him with a nod of her head.

"Oh, so you're in the karate club." He walked over to them from the other side of the counter and placed a few plates of food right in front of her and the two adults.

"Yeah, well..." Kaiyo was at a loss for words. She didn't know what to say and her head was drawing out a blank. "Ah, Sakura is here as well."

"Yes, that I know. She came into the kitchen, telling me that she came to drop by together with you. She's doing some basic work inside to help around. But I never guessed that you're the person everyone is waiting for."

Kaiyo rose a brow. "How did you guess that?"

"Well, for one, you're sitting in between the teachers." He let out a short laugh.

"You know the owner of this bar, Kaiyo-kun?" The teacher asked.

"Yeah. I got to know him through one of my friends." Kaiyo replied to the question posed at her.

"Anna-chan would love to see you here again." Kusanagi's smile widened on his face.

"I came earlier than I said I could."

Kusanagi then explained that she was out with Mikoto and a few other people to the nearby shopping centre to buy some required things for the bar. She would be back sooner or later.

"Well, that's good to hear. I don't think I would be going home anytime soon either ways." Kaiyo then pulled out her phone to send a text to Rimu, saying that she would be in HOMRA and asked him to come over once his club activities ended for the day.