So close

Casey's POV:
I think I was going insane. The lonely, isolated days are finally taking a toll on me.

I was constantly petrified of not knowing what's going to happen next. Whether Damien will carry on with what he was doing with me back in the other room. Or they would force me to make another video or beat me up even more.

Honestly, it was exhausting and I knew that if my mental health wasn't completely fucked before, it was now.

It felt like I had been in this basement for a year or more but at the most, it was probably a month? But, to be honest, I stopped counting the days a while ago.

I hadn't seen Damien and his three minions in days, I hadn't had any food in days either, just some water thrown into my room every now and then in order to keep me alive.

My stomach was constantly growling at me, scolding me, wanting me, begging me to eat.

Crying also became a regular activity, I mean I did it pretty regular before but not every day almost all day.

The only thing I could do now was hope with all my might that Z and Tom will hurry up.

However, the dreaded thoughts of: they've probably forgotten you Case or they've obviously moved on, you weren't even a proper part of their family, you were only picked because they pitied you, not because they loved you. And many more engulfed me, causing my mental health to plummet even more.

As I hung my head, trying to fight these intrusive thoughts which was getting harder and harder by the day, I heard the familiar click of the sore, indicating it had opened.

However I was not expecting the voice of Damien.

"Well, well, well." I heard him say as he kneeled down so he was right infront of me.

"If it ain't moneybags feeling sorry for herself." He snickered. Slowly, I lifted my head so I could face him, he was definitely drunk. Oh god.

"Still so pretty." He touched my face with his cold hands. I flinched.

"Don't be scared." He whispered, leaning in closer to my face. He stunk of B.O, weed and strong, very strong, alcohol.

He tried to kiss me but before I realised what I had done, I punched him in the face.

Shit. I was really in for it now.

"What the fuck." I heard him mutter as he touched his nose to reveal blood. "Well money bags, that was a stupid think to do now, wasn't it?"

In shock, I just stared at him horrified as he smirked before grabbing my body.

"No!" I screamed as he ripped my top off.

"No one can hear you moneybags." Damien laughed as he put his hand over my mouth.

I couldn't let him do this to me. I just couldn't

I closed my eyes and pictured how many times Z, Tom and Jen had called me strong. I pictured the amount of times they had told me I can do anything if I put my mind to it.

I clenched my fists and my jaw. I could not give up. Not now.

Although I had this new urge to fight again, I was still extremely weak. I now understood Damien's plan:

Due to not having any food for weeks, I was insanely more weak than I had ever been before, I even found it hard staying awake nowadays.

I opened my eyes to see he had taken his top off and was trying to unbuckle his belt but was struggling.

Now's the time. I used my hands that were now clenched into a fist, to punch him in the balls.

"Arghhhh, you bitch!" He shouted as he rolled in agony on the floor.

Sweating, I stood up, not able to walk far due to my feet being tied to the wall but I was able to make my way to the still in pain Damien.

I've always found it fun to have the power to make men roll over in pain and agony, shouting and swearing at any moment, by just one kick to the balls. I had the urge to laugh at the now pathetic Damien but I knew now wasn't the time.

I waddled over to him and fell on top of him by accident. This time I kneed him in the balls and, once more, he swore many times and pushed me off him.

Quickly I went inside his Jean pockets to find a single key and a..no way...a knife. Before the questions like, what was he going to use it for? And the gory images of him cutting me with the knife could take over my mind, I grabbed it and started cutting through the rope wrapped around my feet.

Luckily, it was sharp so I didn't have to try too hard. Taking the knife and the key, knowing the knife would come in handy, I sprinted towards the door.

"You'll be sorry!" He tried to shout, however, it came out as more as a whisper due to him still being in pain and rolling around the floor like the pathetic person he was.

"Come on Case." My breathing began to get heavier as my heart began to beat more rapidly. I could now hear the blood rushing to my ears and the adrenalin pumping through my body as I fumbled with with the key in the door.

"You can do it!" I tried to tell myself. Shit. My hands were shaking so bad that I dropped the key. Leaning down to pick it up, I felt someone pull my hair.

I screeched in pain as he pulled my neck back, afraid it might snap.

"Nice try money bags." He panted, clearly still not recovered from his balls being hit twice..

But as he leaned down to get the key, I clenched the knife in my hands and stabbed backwards not knowing where I was going to stab him.

He instantly let go, causing me to be flung to the floor.

Stunned, I stayed on the floor, trying to process what had just happened. I was horrified with myself. I just stabbed someone. I shook my head, it had to be done.

Although still not fully convinced, I knew I had to get up quickly. So I did, I spun around to find Damien on the floor, his hand on his stomach.

I felt a panic attack coming on as I saw the blood spill from his wound. I felt like the worlds worst person. I know it was self defence, but it doesn't make you feel any better....I still stabbed someone.

"What - have - you - done?" His voice spooked me; it was full of anger and rage and I knew I had to get out of here fast despite feeling like a statue that was glued to the floor.

Case, hurry up! The voice in my head urged.

Trying my hardest to hold back tears, I began fumbling with the key.

Yes! I rejoiced in my head! It had worked.

I quickly flung open the door, the knife still in hand and the key now in my jeans pocket.

However, as I was sprinting the fastest I had ever in my life down the long, intimidating corridor, I heard Damien shout.

"BOB, STEVIE, LARRY! STOP HERRR!!" His voice was cracked and sounded psychotic.

And, before I could get any further I bumped into something hard, making me fall to the floor, grazing my already bruised arms and legs.

I looked up in horror to see three tall, huge and terrifying figures blocking my path.

"You were so close." They sniggered.
————————————————————————
Dun dun dunnnn....I wonder what happens next 😏