Dread

I'm backkk, just got back from holiday so yeah!!
Enjoy..
——————————————————————
Casey's POV:
It had been a week since I moved in to my new home. I was happy and felt just like part of the family. Tom and Zendaya were great parents. However, one thought still roamed the back of my mind...school.

"Casey!" Tom (dad) called me from downstairs.

"Coming!" I shouted back as I put my phone on my bedside table and hurried out of my room.

As I entered the kitchen they were both sitting on at the island looking quite serious.

"Sit." Said Zendaya (mum) as she indicated me to sit in the chair opposite her:

I was beginning to feel a bit nervous now.

"We are gonna look around some schools today." Dad looked at me.

"And we are all gonna go." Said mum looking at me as well.

I sighed "Do I have too?"

They both nodded their heads.

"You have settled in so well and we are really proud of you." My mum tilted her head and smiled at me.

"Therefore, we need to think about school now and getting you a good education." My dad finished the sentence.

I was homeschooled by Mary with a few other kids at the orphanage as I had gotten bullied at school for being an orphan so we decided it was best. As I had focused on being adopted I had totally forgotten about school.

I squirmed in my chair

"I don't want to." I really wanted Mary to be there comforting me. She knew what it was like and understood why I didn't like going to school and never argued with me about it.

"No kid does want to go to school but you have to." My dad was now crossing his arms

"Do you know what happened to me at school and why I was homeschooled?" Mum and dad just looked at me and nodded their heads.

"Yes, Mary did tell us, but remember, we can't avoid our problems we have to face them." My mum didn't stop avoiding eye contact with me.

"Come on we're gonna be late." My dad was looking at his watch.

We then grabbed our coats and put our shoes on then headed to the car.

~~~

The first school we were gonna visit was called Kingsbury High School. I looked at the school and gulped. I slowly got out of the car. Mum and dad were already a few steps in front of me.

At the entrance of the school we were met by a tall guy that had a bald head but a very long beard. He shook hands with my parents and I could tell he was a bit nervous to be standing in front of two celebrities.

"Welcome, I'm Mr Gray, the headteacher of this amazing school." I rolled my eyes.

"Before I give you a tour, do you have any questions?" He asked.

He looked at my parents who shook their heads, then at me. I shook my head not even convinced I was gonna go to this school anyway.

"Well then let's get started!" He took us through reception and then through a long corridor which lead of to a bunch of different classrooms.

"This is the Maths corridor." He said "We have some brilliant maths teachers here at our school!" He then looked at me "Do you like maths."

I shrugged my shoulders "I guess it's ok." He laughed nervously and carried on. A few kids that were walking through the corridors kept on staring at us and nudged each other and started whispering, probably cos there were two celebrities at a school with a kid.