Bring it on - final part

Casey's POV:
*6 months later
I was on my way to another therapy session with Daisy and, if I'm being honest, I couldn't have felt any better and couldn't wait to tell Daisy that.

Over the past few months, although having struggled a lot, I had also improved a lot and grown.

My heart no longer beats ridiculously fast whenever I see a man, I rarely have nightmares and I haven't cut myself in 8 months and 6 days which is an amazing achievement for me.

I got to spend the twins first birthday with them which, if I'm being honest, no one thought would happen. Despite not being at my best, it was a great day and I managed to put on a smile for them.

Of course, only having just turned one, they didn't know any better but, according to mum and dad, they seemed the happiest they had been in months after my return.

I am going to be 15 next week and damn, these past few years have sped by compared to the previous years at the care home which seemed to drag on ridiculously slow.

However, these past few years I have been through more than I have been in my whole life and honestly, I am so proud of myself for having made it.

Although, I do have to admit, despite my amazing progress in the past 6 months, I had considered suicide just a month after I had returned home.

I was going to down some of dad's pills which I had no idea what they were for, but they had a warning sign on them so I assumed they would work.

However, as much as I wanted to leave this cruel world, having had nightmare after nightmare after nightmare constantly for the past month and, at the time, having not made any progress, I still couldn't bring myself to do it.

Dad eventually found me and I wouldn't stop apologising, I still remember today how much of a burden I felt then.

I also remember that night vividly: all three of us cuddled up on their bed, mum rocking me and dad holding my hand as I cried and vented to them.

Transporting back to present day, I had just made it to Daisy's office. (we had now decided to do therapy sessions outside of school instead to stop attention being drawn to me)

I buzzed the button to her office and waited for her to run down the stairs and open the door. When she did, she was wearing a humongous smile, of course, and greeted me with a warm welcome as she always does.

She led me up to her office as usual and I sat on the comfy chair opposite hers.

"I have added the snack feature as you had requested," she beamed, pointing to the array of snacks on the little table between us.

"I didn't think you would actually go through with it!" I laughed, "you're honestly the best,"

Daisy blushed as I said this, picking up some Pringles and offering me them.

Gratefully, I took a few and began munching on them as Daisy told me that having snacks to hand has helped her other patients warm up to her more and thus open up more.

"That's great!" I exclaimed once I she finished my Pringles.

"I know right," she signed contently, "but anyway, how are you?" She asked the question she asks every week.

I then began to tell her how great I was feeling and how proud I was of myself.

"I'm so proud of you Case," she grinned, "are you ready for Thursday?"

My heard instantly dropped, Thursday was the trial for Damien and the other kidnappers where I would have to face all of them one by one and give a statement as to what happened.

I hung my head and began fiddling with my thumbs in my lap.

"You have every right to not want to do it and to feel scared and nervous," Daisy told me.

"I know," I mumbled, "but I want to, and I will." I looked back up at her and gave her a small smile.

Daisy nodded, "remember though, they can't hurt you, they will be in handcuffs and guarded by police officers,"

"I know, it's just-"

"Hard? I know Case but we're all so proud of you and you are honestly one of the strongest 14 year olds I know, if not the strongest," Daisy cut me off, knowing what I was going to say, still smiling at me.

"Yeah," I sighed, "Bring it on I guess," this made Daisy chuckle a little.

"It is ok to not be ok though Case," Daisy reminded me, having had told me this a thousand times but she knows I need the daily reminder. "You don't have to always be strong,"

"I know," I muttered, "but I want to be."

"Yes, we all so Case, trust me, but we can't be strong all the time and all of us need a break sometimes,"

"You're right," I told her, knowing deep down that I would feel extremely week come Thursday.

"You can cry Case, you can let it all out if you want, this is a safe space," Daisy told me, leaning forward in her chair, trying to read my emotion.

But I didn't cry, I didn't need to cry, I think I have cried enough in my 14 almost 15 years of existence to last me a lifetime.

Instead, I reached over and stuffed my face with more Pringles, causing Daisy to burst out laughing.

Soon after, I burst out laughing too, almost choking to death on Pringles.

The thing is, I knew now that I didn't always have to be strong - I wasn't on my own anymore. I had my mum and dad, I had the twins, I had Jen and Cooke, I had my friends, I had the dogs and I had Daisy.

So I guess all I can say is...bring it on.

~the end~
————————————————————————
Wow....it's finally time to say goodbye to this book that I have been writing for what...like 2/3 years?

I just want to say thank you for everyone who has read my story and voted for it and those who have stuck with me through all of the rocky updates 😅

If you want I could do another book? Just a little one mind, but I don't know, whatever you want.

Also, I'm sorry if this hasn't got the ending you wanted but I thought it was about time this book came to an end.

Anyways, I love all of you so so much and just...thank you!!