Awkward

Enjoy...
————————————————————————
Tom's POV:
Me and Z were trying to make the car drive to Jennifer's less awkward. We have just dropped off the twins at Z's sisters house and I could tell Casey would rather stay with her cousins than go to her biological mums house.

"How are you feeling Case, tell us honestly. You need to get it out of your system." I told her, I looked at her through the wing mirror. She was fiddling with her hands and looking out of the car window, trying to take her mind off things.

"Nervous...very nervous. Um, scared that her fiancé won't like me. Worried that the thing that she has been hiding from me is really bad and could add more stress in my life so yeah, as you can tell, I'm doing great." Her voice was very quiet and a bit shaken.

I suddenly felt a wave of guilt rush though my body as I heard those words. I bet Jennifer is gonna tell Case about what she was hiding from her and I'm not sure if she is ready.

Me and Z made eye contact and shared worried glances but made sure Casey wouldn't be able to see us.

"Don't worry love." I reassured her. "You'll be fine, everything will be ok."

She turned to face me in the wing mirror and gave me a sad smile and nodded.

~~~

After another hour of driving, we arrived at Jennifer's house in another part of London. She normally lives in LA but, because she is a celebrity like us, she obviously has a lot of money, therefore able to buy many houses.

I parked the car in the drive and got out first. I went round to the back of the car and opened it. Case looked up at me and said "thank you." She sighed as she hopped out of the car and grabbed her phone and AirPods (we had recently brought them her as a present for doing so well on her school report, plus she has been wanting them for ages.)

Me and Z held hands as Casey slowly walked up to the front door of the house. It was very modern and very big. The front garden was huge that had loads of different coloured flowers on them. There were so many different cars in the drive.

The house had gates at the entrance so Jen had to text us the password and there was a long drive to actually get to her house which made Casey even more anxious.

I watched her knock on the big, double door twice before standing back by us waiting for someone to open the door.

We suddenly heard barking coming from behind the door before we heard keys trying to open the door.

"Hi...Pippi, stop!" Jen suddenly appeared in the door way whilst holding a tiny, chihuahua in her arms who was barking their head off.

"Sorry about her, she does this to everyone." Jennifer opened the door wider so we could go inside.

We all seemed in awe as we entered the hallway which seemed to go on forever. Right in front of use was a spiral staircase that split into two ways which looked like the type of thing you would see in mansions in movies. There was a huge chandelier hanging down that felt like it could fall down any minute.

Casey was looking around with her mouth wide open. I smiled at our daughter. Jen was also smiling as she still held Pippi in her arms who had calmed down a little.

"I'll take your coats and shoes." Jennifer quickly said as she put the dog down who instantly ran over to Casey and started licking her and jumping on top of her.

"Sorry Case, She seems to like you though." Jen chuckled as she took our coats and shoes of us and disappeared into another room but came out a few seconds later.