Part 16

As time slowly passes, I get less nervous and am able to talk more freely. The happy atmosphere is quickly broken as madam Yu slams her cup on the table. All eyes turns towards her as the anger and irritation wafts off her. ''My lady calm down.'' ''Don't tell me to calm down. A-Cheng should have been the one blessed to find his Omega and an Omega with a golden core at that!'' yes the Jiang family has been informed of this piece of important information and were quite shocked and happy to hear this news along with the news of the pregnancy.

''My lady now is not the time to speak of this.'' Uncle Jiang remains calm as his wife only gets angrier. ''Not the time! And when would be the right time? You don't care about your own son and only think about this stray dog you took in. It seems even fate favors him over A-Cheng. How much will you allow your son to keep suffering?''

The more she speaks the angrier I get and the smiles fall of the faces of everyone present. The more anger I feel the more I can feel something inside of me take over my rational mind. The air in the room is tense and the scent of agitation fills the room. When she calls my Alpha a stray dog is when my anger reaches the boiling point as the Omega in me comes to the surface. 'No one speaks about my Alpha that way.' This time it's my turn to slam my cup on the table and madam Yu's ranting cuts off. I look up from the table and look straight at her, revealing my Omegan eyes.

Of course the sight of my Omegan eyes shocks everyone in the room, it's not a sight that's often seen after all. ''You dare insult my Alpha in front of me! Give me one good reason not to gut you like the pig you are.'' The words I utter are spoken with a dangerous growl. People always say Alphas are terrifying when defending their mate, but those people have obviously never seen an Omega defending their mate or pups. Since Omega instincts are very family orientated it also means they are very protective of their family, even more so than Alphas. Omega's defending their family are known to be the most dangerous when in that state.

Madam Yu is luckily one of the people who knows this and begrudgingly shows her submission by showing her neck. Nobody dares interfere and watches intently at the happening in front of them. The Omega in me is satisfied seeing her submission and gives one last snarl before leaving to the depths of my mind again.

The next time I open my eyes again, they are their usual (e/c) color again. Silence reigns and nobody moves until Lan Zhan stands up and holds out his hand to me. Wei Ying also stands up as I take Lan Zhan's hand and stand up as well. Lan Zhan turns to the silent Jiang family ''We'll be taking our leave.'' He bows and turns around as Wei Ying and I do the same and follow him.

It isn't until we are safely back in our room that Wei Ying hugs me tightly to his chest. I hug him back as my mind still reels from what had just happened. I have no idea what just happened and am actually quite worried about the consequences of my actions.

''I-I'm sorry. I don't know what came over me.'' Wei Ying hugs me tighter before releasing the hug to look into my confused eyes. He uses one hand to gently brush my cheek and gives me a soft and loving smile. ''Don't be sorry. What you did today means a lot to me. My sweet and beautiful Omega protecting his Alpha, is quite an honor to have. Don't ever apologize for something like that.''

Once again Wei Ying hugs me tightly and I can see Lan Zhan looking at us with a soft smile on his face.