14. Time Waits For No One

Paul

Been in my feeling for days, I really fucked up dawg. Time been going by slow but it damn sure ain't waiting for ya boi. Some days seem to come and go faster than others but today was a slow one. I just got back from meeting with the connect Rio, he's a cool dude. Short and precise pleasant but very telling encounter. He was a soft spoken but his energy is LOUD like the weed I be smoking.  I had to meet with him cause we bouta switch up the way we move around here. Charles didn't say directly but indirectly been saying we have a weak link in the camp, now it's time to switch gears and play ball.

 Anytime we think, breathe, smell or suspect a weak link we switch everything up. New plugs and connects, drop's and pick up's, new meeting spots and safe houses, new burners and only take the most trusted niggas with us to the new operation. Everybody else gets left in the dust, fiending for themselves. Charles, Q and I all started this shit from a dollar and dream literally. Ain't not a soul taking this shit from us, we made a pack years ago when this shit first really jumped off. Not one mf, friend, family or foe can tear down a house they didn't help build. Everybody else came after we had already established this shit and it was moving generating breaaaaadd. We employed every fucking body that came after us, if your greed is going to be your demise. Your going to suffocate by your fucking self.

We started this empire to get out the hood, that's why Charles still go to school daily and bust his ass on that field for a scholarship, I work as an accountant for a big fortune 500 company 3 days out the week , Q owns a barber shop and a 2 liquor stores. We set our plan years ago I was 21, Q was 17 and Charles was 12. We all had rough childhoods, abusive past and running from something. We met at a park all the runaways would squad up at, at first nobody really spoke to each other but we all protected each other. We would group up and take turns watching each other sleep. We would each bring food, snacks, water, juice, clothes, hygiene products, coats etc that we gathered throughout the day and throw it in the middle of the floor. It was like a unspoken language, everybody provided for each other. If you had something and somebody else needed some you shared. No fuss, no argue, no anger just spreading love to each other that just so desperately needed it.

I really didn't have a need to be at the park anymore, I started selling drugs and was making big bank for myself. I had a house, car, clothes, sneakers, food, and money in my pocket. I guess I kept going there out of habit, that was damn near my home and family for a few very rough years. I couldn't just leave them once I got on my feet, I felt obligated to come back daily and contribute to the pot like I've done so many times before when I was in need. Even though I didn't really know any of them forreal it felt like I did, they felt like my siblings. 

One day I was going to the park with my bags of food and clothes I was donating to my fellow runaways and it was some kid ahead of me surrounded by a group of older cats yelling for him to take of his shoes. I was definitely going to teach them a lesson, you gotta be a weak ass nigga to fucking with a kid. I kept observing the situation and seen the kid had on some feets I donated to the park a few days ago. I actually picked them out specifically for him, he always has a hard time finding shoes his size cause most of kids out here are bigger than him. That pissed me off even more, don't bully dude for the shit I went out my way to get him now my blood was boiling. Little dude had heart though he wasn't going for none of that as I continued to walk towards the park and place the bags down in the middle of circle of runaways that was forming to get things they needed but also watching the show of what was displaying.

"I said take my shoes off little dawg" Some dude that looked like a broke down LL Cool J said.

"Naa these my shoes, see they on my feet." Little homie said while picking up his foot checking them out again like he didn't know what they looked like.