5| Greed

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓

Greed

┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛

Chapter 5: Greed (Delilah's POV)

I was nearly back in town. I just turned that right turn when I nearly crashed into the same car yet again. I halted my bike, letting out a small scream. They're just parked off at this turn. Gosh, are they really insane people over here? "Hey!" I yelled. 

The passenger door opened and that guy from last time came out. He stood in front of my bike, looking at me. Clearly, he's not impressed. Good thing I'm not trying to impress him. 

I noticed the front wheel was right between his legs. I moved the handle, nearly hitting him where it would hurt the most. He glared at me, stepping back. I smiled. "Move, please." 

"Stupid girl," he scoffed. "Do you know who I am?" 

"Annoying." 

"You—" 

The other passenger door opened and an older man walked out. He seems familiar too, why can't I recognize these people? He stuck his hand out. "I'm Giovanni Romano. Does that name ring a bell, my dear?" 

My eyes widened slowly as I took in a small gasp. "You're the... king. Which means you're..." I turned to his son. 

He smirked. 

"I should go." I began moving around them but Prince Nico grabbed the basket and blocked my way. 

"We'd like to have a little chat with you." 

I looked between the two. "Is this because of what I did earlier?" 

"Not at all," King Giovanni chuckled. "It's something else entirely. Do you have some time?" 

I don't suppose I can't actually say no. So I just nodded. 

"Good," Prince Nico smiled before throwing me a wink. I guess that's meant to be charming, huh? 

"Follow our car to the palace. We'll talk there. Come on, Nico." They got back into the car and the driver started driving back. 

I hesitantly started following their car before while I could run and hide, they'll definitely find me. It's a small town and they have all the power in it. I should just obey. I followed them through town and into the palace. The gates were even held open as I rode past them stopping inside. 

"Come inside," Prince Nico called out as they climbed out of the car and headed to the main, double-doors. 

I hesitated, fidgeting with my dress before following them inside. They led me into a lounge room where they sat on the couch, side by side, and I sat in a single throne-like chair across from them. 

"I won't beat around the bush, so let's get straight to the point," King Giovanni sighed, leaning back. "We saw you on that road. It's a one-way road to Spencer Romano's castle, so that's where you were headed, yes?" 

"Yes," I mumbled. 

"Why?" Prince Nico questioned. 

"I work for Bloom House, it's a flower shop, and Prince Spencer had an order for a bouquet, so I went there to deliver it and collect payment." 

"And do you do this often? Deliver bouquets to that castle?" 

I shook my head. "Only today. I only started working at Bloom House this year." I took a breath and let it out. "May I ask why I'm here?"