15| Fiancé

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓

Fiancé

┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛

Chapter 15: Fiancé (Delilah's POV)

I came out while tying my apron around my waist, ready to start my shift at Mirage, but the second I walked around the bar, ready to serve customers, I froze. Why? Because Spencer is standing right there, looking around. I resisted an eye roll and ignored his presence, choosing to serve and take orders around the store. "Hello, my name is Delilah and I'll be your waitress this evening. What can I get for you?" I smiled, looking down at an older couple who were playing poker among themselves. 

"Just some fries, for the time being, dolly," the woman smiled at me before laughing as she won another hand. 

"Anything to drink with that?" I chuckled. 

"A strawberry milkshake with two straws." 

I smiled to myself, scribbling down the order on the notepad and then nodding in understanding. "I'll be right back with your order." I turned around, heading to the kitchen where I gave the order before going to take another one. 

Except this time, Spencer found me. He blocked my way and luckily nobody has noticed him yet. "We should talk," he suggested. 

"We can talk later, I'm working right now." 

"It's about the engagement," he added. 

"So? I'm still working. You can get a table and wait." I walked around him only for him to grab my hand and pull me back. I sighed in exhaustion, looking up at him. "What is it? If you want to talk, we can talk. It just has to wait. Just get a table, Spencer, please." 

He sighed, staring at me for a minute. "Okay," he nodded before going and sitting at a free table. Once again, table thirteen. He doesn't seem as angry or agitated as he did earlier when he dropped me off at Bloom House this afternoon. 

I took another order, gave that in the kitchen, and handed the fries and milkshake to the old couple before stopping at Spencer's table. "What can I get for you?" 

He looked up at me. "Five minutes." 

I cleared my throat, glancing over the bar, looking at all my coworkers who were just staring at me. "They all refuse to come serve you and take your order. I'm here because everybody thinks I should be your waitress considering we're getting married. So, I'm only here to take your order right now." 

"I'm not ordering then," he shrugged, leaning back challengingly. 

I let out a huff in frustration and glanced around once before slipping into the booth opposite from him and sat down, resting my arms on the table. "What?" 

"I'm sorry." 

I blinked in surprise, getting startled. 

"For what happened earlier today at the boutique. And for the way, I acted in the car. But Delilah—" 

"But Delilah, this isn't a real marriage," I said softly, finishing the sentence for him. "Right?" I chuckled. "I know that, Spencer. Do you think I don't? I do, but just because there's no real relationship here, doesn't mean you can treat me however you please. I'm not going to be a wife you'll love but I'll still be your wife." 

When we argued earlier today in the car, I really thought about killing him. I really did. He's not a good man, I know that. Maybe he is and he only hides that part of him, but to me, he hasn't been the best. He helped me a lot, he gave me a place to stay, he defended me against my aunt, sort of. He supported me there. But on the other hand, he tried just throwing me furthest away from him in the castle, he didn't treat me like a wife-to-be, he isn't acting like my future husband either. He doesn't do anything remotely kind. We're just there, about to get married. We're tying ourselves down to each other, all for his benefit.