23| Kiss

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓

Kiss

┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛

Chapter 23: Kiss (Delilah's POV)

We were sitting in the car, driving to the church. It's the day, the big day. The wedding day. I can't believe we're already getting married, good God! 

This entire week, I kept thinking that we'd get much closer, I thought we'd be somewhat forced to. We have to pull this wedding off, it has to look believable. But throughout this week, we focused on anything but putting on an act. We had fun, we got to know each other a bit better, we kissed a lot more, and I started sleeping in his room every night. He was dead set on not letting me move back to the guest room, and the cracked mirror scared me enough not to ask again. 

Last night, Spencer asked me a question I couldn't find the answer to. "Do you think we could love each other?" 

I had wanted to say yes, but knowing that he still hesitated when it came to trusting me made me doubt it. He has every right to doubt me and I hold nothing against him for doing just that. I know it's fair, but that doesn't mean it can't hurt. I might have been a little late, but I tried doing things as right as I could, I told him. I just hope he can trust me someday. 

"Delilah." 

I turned to him, looking away from the car window. We booked the church and plan to get ready there since the bride and groom aren't supposed to see each other until the wedding once they get ready. "Hmm?" 

"I asked you something last night. You didn't answer me." I stared at him and he asked again, "Do you think we could love each other?" 

"You know what I think, Spencer? I think around you, people feel safe. And I think a lot of people have a crush on you, me included." 

He smiled in amusement, listening intently. 

"You gave me the chance to leave. I could have moved on, but I'd rather be with you." 

"It must hurt then." 

I blinked in confusion. "What?" 

"The fact that I don't trust you." 

I nodded slowly, glancing out the window. "It hurts, but you're not wrong. You have your reasons, very valid reasons. I'm not saying it doesn't hurt, I'm saying the hurt is worth the good I'm able to do for you." 

"You're sacrificing a lot, Delilah," he pointed out. 

"Yeah, but if we don't sacrifice for love, then it isn't love, is it?" 

"And you're in love with me, are you?" 

I laughed sardonically, rolling my eyes. "No," I deadpanned. 

"Not yet?" He lifted a brow. 

I shook my head, gazing out the window. "Not yet," I whispered to myself, picking at my cuticles. 

He clicked his tongue before grabbing my hands in one. "Don't worry," he murmured. "We'll be just fine." 

♡♡♡

I sat in the chair in front of the mirror while Willow volunteered to do my hair. "Ten minutes," I warned. That's all the time we have left. 

"Don't stress me out," she scolded, reaching around me and grabbing the white ribbon, tying it around my half-up ponytail that she made after curling my hair.