13| Taste

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓

Taste

┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛

PSA: I changed the chapter name

Chapter 13: Taste (Delilah's POV)

I woke up the next morning and the bed was empty. But I was way over on his side. The room was still dark, the curtains were still drawn, and all the lights were still off. The only sound was the shower water running in the bathroom. I flipped onto my back and stretched, making a small squeak in the back of my throat before sighing loudly and relaxing my limbs. 

His bed is so bloody comfortable. 

Then a minute later, the sound of the shower running stopped too. I was staring at the door, waiting for it to open. And then it did. And I wished I wasn't staring because Spencer came out in nothing but a white towel wrapped around his waist. His hair was spilling drops of water onto his chest and shoulders. He sniffled, running a hand through his hair while walking to the closet. 

Does he even know I'm awake? 

I didn't move a single inch, didn't make a single sound, just in case he heard me. 

He turned around and looked at me and I shut my eyes quickly, pretending to be asleep. "Delilah." 

I groaned, rolling onto my side, taking a peek at him. It's dark, he probably can't see me. 

"Wake up. I can't see a single thing in the dark, I'm opening the curtains, don't complain about the sunlight." 

I heard him walking to the desk and I rolled onto my back again, watching him. He pushed the curtains open and I winced immediately, covering my eyes. "It burns!" 

"You're not a bloody vampire, don't be so dramatic. And get up." 

"Why?" I whined, kicking my legs around. 

"You have to go home and pack, then you have to go work, then you have to come with me, and then work at Mirage." 

I frowned, propping myself up on my elbows and watching as he grabbed his clothes. "Where do I have to go with you?" 

"I forgot to tell you, but we have an appointment at a boutique for you to choose an engagement dress and for me to get a suit." 

"Today? Why are we doing so many things today?" I fussed, kicking my legs around again. 

He turned around, throwing a t-shirt at my face and I pulled it off, frowning at him. "Your suitcases are still packed. Wear that for today." 

"Just this?" I lifted a brow. 

He narrowed his eyes. "Yes, I want you going around Everton half-naked." 

"Okay," I chuckled. 

"With pants, Delilah," he said sternly while going into the bathroom. He hung his clothes behind the door and grabbed a smaller towel, starting to dry his hair. I held onto his shirt that he gave me for the day and stood up, standing in the bathroom doorway, watching him through the mirror. He stopped ruffling his hair, his eyes meeting mine in the mirror. "What?" 

"I didn't kick you in my sleep or anything, did I? I move around a lot." 

"How do you know you move around a lot?"