10| Declare

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓

Declare

┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛

Chapter 10: Declare (Spencer's POV)

She watched me with her eyes narrowed and a look of uncertainty and doubt etched onto her face. "I don't know if I believe you or not." 

"Ask Ms. Sunny yourself," I replied. I was telling a story about how one time Ms. Sunny was cleaning the library and the power went out in the castle. During that time, Ms. Sunny heard multiple books falling off the shelf and landing on the floor with multiple thuds. I remember this happening when I first came here. Ms. Sunny screamed and panicked, we all heard her through the castle and she ran out of the library and came to get me. 

"So, you went back with her when the power came back nothing was on the floor? Everything was just fine?" 

I nodded. 

"Maybe she was imagining things," she mumbled, fidgeting with her earring nervously while looking around. 

"That's a very specific situation to imagine, isn't it?" I asked, lifting a brow. 

A bush in the corner moved loudly with a shuffle and she jumped, looking over while shifting closer to me on the bench as I looked over and only saw that one bush moving, none of the others. "Let's go back inside, it's kind of..." 

"Scary?" I smirked. 

She glared at me. "Cold." 

"It's a hot July this year, my love," I teased. 

"Let's just go back inside." We stared at each other for a moment in pin-drop silence. You could barely hear all the noise from inside and only a few crickets were chirping out here. 

"Sir." 

"Oh, my fucking God!" Delilah exclaimed, shooting up to her feet with one hand on her chest while she spun around to the door. 

I chuckled, looking over, and saw Ms. Sunny standing there. She looked between us with confusion. "Sorry, I didn't mean to startle you..." She looked at me suspiciously. "Did you tell her scary stories?" 

I nodded. "She asked to hear them." 

She sighed, shaking her head. "The guests are starting to notice that you're missing. Um, both of you. You best go back." 

"We'll be right there," I replied, nodding. She left and I stood up, watching Delilah with amusement. 

She claimed to be someone who never gets scared of anything right before I told her the story. "See." She smacked my arm. "I told you we should go back inside." She scoffed, rolling her eyes and turning to leave while breathing out, "God, please save me." I grabbed her arm, pulling her back as I spun her around. She stumbled a little, nearly crashing into me but she caught herself. "What?" 

"We don't have a lot of time. You need to tell me your answer." 

She blinked in confusion, "Regarding what?" 

"Regarding whether you will marry me... or not?" 

"I have a choice?" 

"Not really, but it would just be plain rude if I don't even ask," I smiled. 

She rolled her eyes. She glanced at the door and then back at me. "I don't think you should marry me. It'll be bad for you."

"For me?" I chuckled. "Why?"