20| Perfect

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓

Perfect

┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛

Chapter 20: Perfect (Spencer's POV)

I was lying in bed, alone, trying to fall asleep later that same night. Delilah had the choice of sleeping here tonight, she gets that choice every night. I didn't think it was important to reiterate that and ask her. If she wanted to, she would, and it didn't feel right to ask her to anyway. 

My door burst open as it does every other night and she came running in, whining loudly. "Spencer!" She stood beside me, blocking the moonlight from the window. 

"Hmm?" I continued staring at the ceiling. 

She sat beside me, staring at me. She shook me a little. "Spencer, help." 

"What is it now?" 

"The ghosts are making things fall over again." 

"Really?" I asked sarcastically. 

"They broke the mirror." 

I blinked in confusion, turning to look at her. "What?" 

"The mirror." 

"What mirror?" 

"The vanity mirror," she gritted, rolling her eyes. "What other mirror? The vanity mirror cracked." 

My mind flashed back to the incident that happened to my mother when I was younger.  

♡♡♡

I laughed, looking over my shoulder while running down the halls as Ms. Sunny chased me, laughing softly. "You can't catch me!" I yelled over my shoulder before facing ahead, running as fast as my little feet, at the age of six, would carry me. I was running towards a dead end, I knew that very well. But I also knew my mother was in the last room, I thought I'd hide behind her. 

Ms. Sunny was catching up to me quickly and I reached the room, laughing but froze in the doorway. My smile fell instantly as my eyes widened. "Mum!" 

Ms. Sunny grabbed onto my shoulders. "Got you!" She laughed. Her laughter died down as she followed my gaze, letting out a gasp. "Mrs. Romano!" Ms. Sunny ran past me and over to my mother who was passed out on the ground, right behind her vanity chair. Ms. Sunny kneeled down, trying to wake my mother and bring her into consciousness, but my mother wasn't waking up. 

I ran over, sitting on my knees, shaking my mom's arm. "Mummy! Mum! Mum!" 

"Mrs. Romano!" 

I heard a loud crack and looked up, watching as the vanity mirror cracked on its own, spreading from a small crack that had already occurred. A single crack in the top right corner slowly made its way through the rest. The crack spread like a spider web across the mirror before it shattered loudly, making Ms. Sunny scream. 

I fell back, scooting away from it as shards of the mirror fell onto the vanity, some onto the ground, missing my mother barely by an inch. "Mum!" I yelled. 

My mum's eyes snapped open and she looked over at us, her eyes flicking to me. She sat up quickly, scrambling over to me on her knees. "Are you all right?" She brushed my hair back, her eyes scanning my face for injuries.