8| Choice

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓

Choice

┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛

Chapter 8: Choice (Spencer's POV)

Delilah- who I've simply started calling Daisy, at this point- has come up to the castle and delivered a bouquet without fail every single day. What I did not expect was her to demand I come collect it myself. Every single day. 

I wanted her to deliver bouquets every day because I wanted her to come up to the castle. I know that my father always has someone keeping an eye on me, and if I plan to choose her to marry me at the ball tonight, then I need to make it look at least a little convincing. It would be awful if I were to choose a girl I've never even met or spoken to. Which is probably most of the girls attending tonight, considering I've isolated myself from society for the past three years. 

The only girl I've interacted with recently is her. So it has to be her. The shoe may not fit because she is not cut out to be a wife to someone like me. I don't think she can even tolerate my indifferent behavior for more than a few minutes. I don't feel great about making her a pawn in my game, but I've got no other choice. I have everything on the line here. 

"Hello, are you listening?" Ms. Sunny laughed. 

I looked up from the closet where I was trying to choose a suit for tonight. "Sorry, what?" 

"Your flower girl is here." 

"Oh, right." I hung the suit that was in my hand back up and grabbed my wallet, heading downstairs. 

"Why did you ask for flowers every single day, Spencer?" Ms. Sunny knows the rules. She can call me by my name when nobody's around but otherwise, she needs to address me differently. 

I don't like being called 'sir' or 'Prince Spencer', especially by older people. I feel like I should respect them more but instead it's the other way around. "I like flowers," I shrugged, walking downstairs while she followed me. 

"Do you like flowers? Or do you like the girl?" 

I stopped in the middle of the stairs, spinning around to her. "Why would you say such a stupid thing, Ms. Sunny?" 

"Well, you've never filled the castle with flowers before. Take a look around." 

I did. And she's right, the entire place is full of flowers. Every vase on every little table has a different bouquet in it. Six bouquets. For the six days, she's been doing this. "I like the flowers," I scoffed and then continued downstairs and outside. I went outside and saw her talking with the new security guards, smiling. 

She nodded and then they broke off into their own conversation while she stood there. She adjusted the flowers in the bouquet as I walked over. She was leaning against the gate and stood upright when she saw me. "Hello," she sighed, thrusting the bouquet forward. "Tulips for you today. Pink only," she smiled. She doesn't demand the money first anymore. 

"Why the tulips, Daisy?" I questioned, opening my wallet and taking out the money. 

"They're my favorite." 

I stilled, blinking twice before lifting my head and meeting her eyes. 

"What?" She frowned in confusion. 

I shook my head slowly, holding the money out before taking the bouquet but she took the money, counted it, and then gave me 200 nova back. "Why?" I asked.