VI

yunblud — polygraph eyes

The first thing Dette felt when she opened her eyes was a terrible headache, she fell asleep before midnight and woke up after midday, curly felt something warm around her fingers — Damiano's wrist and rays of the sun. Bernadette raised her palms to her forehead.

"Oh, Godness," she whispered getting up from the bed, trying to not wake up David, curly knew he came late yesterday — Bernadette had a nightmare again and rapidly sat on the bed in a panic, he wasn't at home, so she decided to let him sleep a little more. 

Sighed heavy Dette stood on a cold floor and walked to the bathroom opposite the bed, turned on the light, and closed the door, to not disturb the guy. Curly looked at herself in a mirror and had noticed some dark-blue marks on her backside of her neck, in a panic she started to examine her body and found out some more marks: on her hips, thigh, arms. The girl didn't know where did she get it, she didn't even remember the pain from these bruises. Bernadette swallowed feeling shiver in all her body, this tremor was so hard so she couldn't even stand on her feet and sat on the cold tile on the floor, tucked her knees to her chest, hugged, and was in this position for the next five minutes. Her thoughts were about everything, curly tried to find explanations so desperately, she'd never had so many bruises at the same time, she was thinking about cancer, as Dette remembered it was the first symptom, but later she relaxed by breathing deeply, touched her temples massaging it.

The first idea was about to hide it from Damiano, she didn't want to worry him, probably it was her only justification — Dette noticed David's old shirt near the tub and worn it quickly, the marks weren't critical, bruises on the neck she could hide by her hair, on legs be pants, nothing special. The girl turned on the cold water and scored a little in the palm of your hand, washing your face. 

"Everything's alright," she tried to convince herself in it and continued her morning routine as nothing happened.

Damiano was lying on the bed and checking social media when Bernadette opened a door to the bathroom, he cathed her embarrassed smile and noticed that she touched her neck as hiding something, but didn't attach any importance to this.

"How did you sleep?" she asked reclining on the bathroom door and crossing arms on her chest.

"Good," he answered putting the phone on the bed and stretching lazily.

"When did you back?" she put her hair on the other side, heading towards the kitchen while continuing her dialogue with Damiano. On the table, she did not notice yesterday's dinner, which she had left for the guy, but when she opened the little old fridge, she saw it on one of the shelves, rolling her eyes.

"Around 1 am, you were already dozing on the bed, I covered you," David answered loudly from the bedroom, and then the girl heard the sound of the creaking bed, indicating that he got up.

"Of course," she added quietly, so Dami couldn't hear it. 

Closed fridge curly took a cezve for making a Turkish coffee and prepared everything. Her head was about to break to pieces. She rubbed her forehead to somehow ease the headache, but this did not help, and when the girl heard the shower in the bathroom turn on, she quickly ran to her bag, taking out a few pills from there and swallowing just as quickly. While the guy was washing, the girl had already managed to make the bed, ventilate the room, take an iPad and turn on energetic music on it, with which one could cheerfully start the day and get distracted. When Damiano came out of the bathroom in one towel on his thighs and wet hair, the girl was finishing frying vegetable tsunica pancakes, the guy quietly walked up from behind, putting his still wet palms on Dette's waist, who was standing in one of his T-shirts. He was tall enough to rest his chin on the top of her head.